- Very Good
- 139 guest reviews
"the hotel is very central, the staff friendly and hepful , the breakfast was very good, nothing to complain about,..."
"Our first time in York and will not be our last. Thanks to Late Rooms the information we received allowed us to make the decision to stay at..."
"The bed was a nice comfy neutral zone from the nightlife of York. I loved the buffet and the food was cooked and prepared to perfection. I w..."
"booked for a 3 night stay-double room non smoking on the first floor bed and breakfast-- breakfast was very good- help yourself and top up a..."
"Perfectly situated for a visit to York. Breakfast was good. Room was quiet perfect for good night sleep. Only downside is the car park which..."
About the hotel
The Queens Hotel is situated in the heart of the vibrant City of York, on the banks of the River Ouse. All of York's famous attractions are within walking distance along with the many fabulous wine bars and restaurants York has to offer. The Hotel has limited car parking spaces, a space must be reserved direct with the Hotel prior to arrival if required to avoid disappointment; the cost per night is £10.
00. When the Hotel car park is fully booked an alternative is recommended approx 4 minutes from the Hotel. The cost per 24 hours at the NCP is £17. 00 (rate subject to change). Our location on the riverside does occasionally cause issues with our car park when river levels are high, we endeavour to contact you prior to arrival to advise of alternative parking if you have pre-booked a space. The Hotel has a Restaurant which serves breakfast and dinner daily, the cost for a Full English breakfast is £9. 00 per adult and £6. 50 per child. Dinner is charged individually with a main course dish priced from £9. 25, a children’s menu is available. The Hotel bar is open from 4. 30pm until 12 midnight and the lounge overlooks the River. (Please note that limited menus will be available during Christmas and New Year periods, restrictions will apply to meal times and availability). Free WIFI is available throughout the Hotel. The Queens Hotel does not accept single sex groups. Smoking bedrooms can be requested at the time of booking. Requests are subject to availability.
Showing Thursday 28 May 2015 to Friday 29 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Disabled Facilities, Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:30 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 02/05/2015 to 02/05/2015 - Tour de Yorkshire Cycle race event taking place 1-3rd May. Stage 2 taking place in York, road closures between 8am and 5pm. Access to Hotel very limited, no vehicular access at all. The LateRooms.com rates for The Queens Hotel in York are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
81% would recommend it to a friend
the hotel is very central, the staff friendly and hepful , the breakfast was very good, nothing to complain about,
Smelly grubby room
Booked last minute and it was last double room available.
Staff friendly and ticket for ncp gives discount as car park was full so that was fine. Had a room by reception so constant noise from staff and guests even vacuuming really early in the morning.
Room was horrible. Bathroom had a really dirty foisty smell to it which unfortunately as you walked in the whole room had to it. bathroom floor was also dirty when swiped with white towel, yuk.
Uncomfortable bed and tesco delivery van unloaded outside window.
Breakfast average, with dated and unwelcoming decor
Wouldn't recommend and certainly wouldn't stay again.