- Very Good
- 107 guest reviews
"Second Stay at The Queens Hotel, again staff friendly and helpful and breakfast was good. Have booked another stay in November and June..."
"Accommodation tired and in need of refurbishment. Window frames dirty, bathroom bath panel in need of redoing, only two basic toiletries and..."
"Does what it says on the tin! Perfect location for exploring York, comfy bed, decent breakfast. Its just a hotel, nothing special, a little..."
"On arrival the receptionist was ok but when trying to get a parking space and into the garage which had to pay an extra £10 for was a bit of..."
"The hotel is close to the city centre. Room was clean and comfortable. Staff friendly and very helpful...."
About the hotel
The Queens Hotel is situated in the heart of the vibrant City of York, on the banks of the River Ouse. All of York's famous attractions are within walking distance along with the many fabulous wine bars and restaurants York has to offer. The Hotel has limited car parking spaces, a space must be reserved direct with the Hotel prior to arrival if required to avoid disappointment; the cost per night is £10.
00. When the Hotel car park is fully booked an alternative is recommended approx 4 minutes from the Hotel. The cost per 24 hours at the NCP is £17. 00 (rate subject to change). Our location on the riverside does occasionally cause issues with our car park when river levels are high, we endeavour to contact you prior to arrival to advise of alternative parking if you have pre-booked a space. The Hotel has a Restaurant which serves breakfast and dinner daily, the cost for a Full English breakfast is £9. 00 per adult and £6. 50 per child. Dinner is charged individually with a main course dish priced from £9. 25, a children’s menu is available. The Hotel bar is open from 4. 30pm until 12 midnight and the lounge overlooks the River. (Please note that limited menus will be available during Christmas and New Year periods, restrictions will apply to meal times and availability). Free WIFI is available throughout the Hotel. The Queens Hotel does not accept single sex groups. Smoking bedrooms can be requested at the time of booking. Requests are subject to availability.
Showing Tuesday 6 October 2015 to Wednesday 7 October 2015Change Search
- Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:30 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 28/09/2015 to 29/04/2016 - Refurbishment of bathrooms and bedrooms with minimal disruption to guests, Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 5.00pm. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
79% would recommend it to a friend
Room cleaning very poor
Have stopped at this hotel before and it has been very good, but the hotel decor is now shabby,and our room had been cleaned but to a very poor standard, had to be redone by a different member of staff.
No manager on duty at the weekend and the person on the reception dealing with my complaint was not very helpful.
2 nights stop over in york
Not to bad .
Room clean enough . Location good . But extra charge for parking . No drinking water in room . Small towels in bathroom .. very very small TV with bad reception and poor channel selection ..A under average hotel .. We would not rush to go back there .