- 6 guest reviews
"Great staff but more like a pub than a hotel. Small restaurant and very casual which wasn't quite what we thought it would be from the websi..."
"Pleasant enough hotel..."
"A nice relaxing hotel, with pleasant staff and good customer service. A clean and charming room; more boutique than expected. Food was OK an..."
"Good value and location..."
About the hotel
A former 16th Century coaching inn, The Kings Hotel is a privately owned and passionately run boutique hotel is a place where old meets new, with stylish, contemporary accommodation blending seamlessly with historic charm.
Surrounded by the picturesque village green, the hotel is centrally located in Stokenchurch, High Wycombe. The convenient location, just off junction 5 of the M40, means the hotel is easy to find.
London and Oxford are within easy reach and you can enjoy great shopping in the new Eden Centre in High Wycombe.
The interior has been transformed with chic, cutting-edge design, which blends seamlessly throughout, with an attention to detail and many stylish touches. An elegant combination of neutral tones, clean lines, dark woods and sleek furnishings, the Kings is a real, exclusive find. Each room is at once traditionally elegant and strikingly modern, with plasma flat-screen TVs. The en-suite Italian marble bathrooms have a bath, power shower and exclusive toiletries, and each room features top quality HYPNOS beds with duck down duvets and pillows. Free Wifi is available throughout the hotel, and guests can park for free on site.
The relaxed and stylish ambience of the Kings Restaurant reflects the sophisticated feel of the hotel with a fresh, unpretentious approach to top quality dining. The hotel aims to serve freshly prepared good food in quirky surroundings, making guests feel right at home. Guests can choose to dine in the flagship restaurant Kings Eating House, or in the Kings Sports bar, as well as outside on the Terrace (weather permitting!). As well as offering the ultimate in comfort, cuisine and leisure, the hotel provides the perfect venue for your next conference, meeting or special occasion.
Located halfway between Oxford and London, being less than an hour away from either city makes The Kings Hotel central to many attractions and experiences. The West Wycombe Caves, Lego Land, Windsor Castle, Wembley Stadium and Arena, Royal Ascot and Bekenskot Model Village are just a few of the many things that are on your doorstep if you stay here, and of course there is also the wealth of shopping and culture that can be found in Oxford and London themselves.
- Disabled Facilities, Air conditioning in rooms, 24 Hour Reception, Wedding Licence, Smoking allowed in bedrooms, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 8 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
67% would recommend it to a friend
Nice but a little tired
Great staff but more like a pub than a hotel.
Small restaurant and very casual which wasn't quite what we thought it would be from the website. Misrepresented rooms really as we're very average and bathroom
Described as all with Italian marble which leads you to think luxury but it was very small
And only the wall tiles I assume were the reference as side of the bath was not marble. The place is half bed and breakfast half hotel. The staff were great and made the stay good. Food was good although wine stock was out of my choice which wasn't good. Overall we were expecting more but if was a pleasant stay.
The Kings Hotel
Pleasant enough hotel