- Very Good
- 6 guest reviews
"For a motoring holiday it is usually better to avoid large town centres where traffic and parking difficulties are common. Much Wenlock is c..."
"Lovely hotel, nice welcome on arrival, bar inviting with good beers. Room was big and cosy with controlled heater so you can be as hot or co..."
"This is lovely, friendly hotel with the most beautiful decor. The room had all the facilities we needed and more! The beds were comfy and th..."
"Well placed on edge of village and easily accessible. Good connections for touring the local area. Staff very pleasant throughout our 4 nigh..."
"Breakfast quality & service excellent! Good place to discover Ironbridge. Friendly staff, cosy bar, good beer on draft. Very near to village..."
About the hotel
Located in the quaint medieval town of Much Wenlock, this former 17th Century coaching inn offers Free Wi-Fi, Free Parking and a locally renowned restaurant. Family owned and managed, the Gaskell Arms boasts charming original features combined with a wealth of character that is befitting for a building of its age - and it is this nod to the Gaskell Arms' historic past which, when blended with its range of modern conveniences, makes a stay here so inviting. With understated but elegant design, guest bedrooms offer a range of modern facilities to enjoy, including flat screen TV and free Wi-Fi access.
Comfortable beds and soft chairs ensure a relaxing space in which to unwind after a long day exploring the local area. Offering a range of traditional British and European favourites for your delectation, the restaurant serves meals all week in relaxed and informal surroundings. Whether opting for seafood, steak or salad, menus are carefully selected to provide a pleasing choice for all palates. A selection of "home cooked" style meals are available to enjoy in the bar - ideal for a quick bite with friends and family alike. The bar is open for drinks all day and offers a complete range of beers, wines, spirits & soft drinks to suit all tastes. With comfortable furnishings to complement the attractive surroundings, guests can enjoy good company and a refreshing drink in pleasant and light surroundings. The beautiful "Black & White" town of Much Wenlock is located in the heart of Shropshire and is an ideal base to tour both the historic town and the surrounding countryside. Much Wenlock is steeped in history with many buildings dating back to the 1500's, whilst the dramatic 12th Century ruins of Wenlock Priory lie within easy walking distance from the Gaskell Arms. The town was the home of Dr William Penny Brookes, one of the most influential pioneers of the modern day Olympic Games and in fact the oak beamed restaurant in the Gaskell is the place where Dr Brookes held many of his meetings. The hotel is within easy reach of a huge selection of Visitor Attractions, including the Ironbridge Gorge World Heritage Centre with its numerous museums.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Cots available , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available , Interconnecting rooms available , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar
- CD Player
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Character and convenience
For a motoring holiday it is usually better to avoid large town centres where traffic and parking difficulties are common.
Much Wenlock is close enough to Shrewsbury and the Gaskell Arms offers free parking.
Good for weekend break
Lovely hotel, nice welcome on arrival, bar inviting with good beers.
Room was big and cosy with controlled heater so you can be as hot or cold as you like. Creaky old pub but that adds to ambience. Would definitely return.