- 4 guest reviews
"A lovely hotel and lovely people that run the hotel. The owner even gave us a lift back from a restaurant in town really enjoyed the stay...."
"When we arrived Iain, the owner, greeted us with a sherry and whiskey. We were made to feel very welcome and then told that we had been upgr..."
"Check In: Upon entering the manager (maybe owner?) invited us to sit in the stunningly decorated hallway (in front of a very attractive fire..."
About the hotel
Set in the heart of the Cairngorm National Park, just 20 minutes’ drive form Aviemore, this elegant Edwardian Mansion offers gourmet dining, scenic surroundings, comfortable accommodation and free Wi-Fi. Each of the eight guestrooms has its own unique style and character befitting the history of the property and most also offer scenic views over the tranquil gardens or stunning Cairngorm Hills. With an emphasis on modern Scottish cuisine, the Tigh na Sgiath restaurant utilises the best local and organic produce to create truly inspired, mouth-watering dishes.
The hotel lounge and drawing room provide the ideal space for guests to sit back, relax and enjoy a pre-dinner drink, canapé or the hotel’s famous afternoon tea. The hotel is located close to the A9, the main route between Edinburgh and Inverness and is just 40 minutes from Inverness itself. The popular tourist location of Aviemore is 20 minutes away by car and the traditional Highland town, Grantown-on-Spey is just 3 miles away.
Showing Tuesday 1 September 2015 to Wednesday 2 September 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Video/DVD Library
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service
- Family friendly
- Pets Allowed
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:30 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 18/02/2015 to 31/12/2015 - Please Note - A £50 deposit will be collected at the time of booking. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Tigh na Sgiath Country House Hotel
A lovely hotel and lovely people that run the hotel.
The owner even gave us a lift back from a restaurant in town really enjoyed the stay.
More than I expected!
When we arrived Iain, the owner, greeted us with a sherry and whiskey.
We were made to feel very welcome and then told that we had been upgraded to the superior room. The room was superb with a jacuzzi bath and television over the bath. There were lovely personal touches as well with fresh milk available for tea and coffee in your room. On the second night we dined in the hotel and thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. Canapés were served in the front room and then through to the dining room for the rest of the meal. The food was cooked by Elaine (Iain's wife) and was outstanding. The waitress was lovely and attended to our every need. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Even the history of the house was fascinating - previous home of the Lipton Tea family!