- Very Good
- 90 guest reviews
"Really impressed with the Hotel as a whole. The staff are very welcoming and the front of house valet service was unexpected but a brilliant..."
"Fantastic stay. great atmosphere. staff very friendly. would love to have stayed longer...."
"Very nice hotel, good location, very friendly/helpful staff...."
"1. Long wait for table. 2. Waitress dropped toast. She said she would return with more but did not. 3. Ordered tea but had to request milk...."
"The hotel is well-run and makes for an easy trouble-free stay...."
About the hotel
The Macdonald Holyrood Hotel is in the heart of the Old Town city centre situated between Edinburgh Castle and the Palace of Holyrood. Positioned adjacent to the Scottish Parliament and overlooking Arthurs Seat, giving the hotel its unique quiet location assuring you of a good nights sleep. Shopping on Princes Street is within walking distance, along with the West End and Waverley Railway station.
All 156 rooms at the Holyrood are equipped to a high standard. Free wifi is available in all public areas, meetings rooms and guest rooms. Using only the finest ingredients, sourced locally where possible, Acanthus is one of the most exciting new restaurants in Edinburgh. Whether you are looking for a specialty cocktail, a delicious afternoon tea or a sumptuous meal our new restaurant is the ideal spot in the heart of Edinburgh's Old Town. The Club Floor delivers a new level in luxury. A private lift, lounge and library will delight individuals who demand real exclusivity. The club lounge and majestic sixth floor views add up to a unique collection of member benefits. Taking up the hotels entire top level, offers the Club Guest all the luxury of the city. From the moment you're greeted by the duty manager and escorted via a private keyed access lift to your room, your every need is taken care of. As the lift doors open onto the sixth floor, perhaps, enjoy a drink in the elegant Club Lounge with its commanding views over Salisbury Crags and Holyrood Park. Of course, the suites and rooms on the Club Floor are worthy of such an outlook with all the space and facilities you could wish for. Whatever your idea of relaxation is, you'll find the Holyrood's health, fitness and beauty club the perfect place to unwind. As a guest of the hotel you are able to take full advantage of the Sauna, Steam Room, the 14 metre Swimming Pool and Gym. The Leisure Club also offers a Solarium and an extensive range of beauty treatments from just £6. 00. The hotel offers a Car Parking service which is available at a cost of £20. 00 per 24 hours. The service is limited, and is given on a first come first served basis. Alternative car parking is available at Dynamic Earth which is situated across the road from the hotel. **PLEASE NOTE THIS HOTEL IS NON SMOKING THROUGHOUT**
Showing Sunday 7 February 2016 to Monday 8 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite , Valet Parking
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Business Centre , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Solarium
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Foreign (European) , [Channels] Music , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
88% would recommend it to a friend
FIRST TIME VISIT
Really impressed with the Hotel as a whole.
The staff are very welcoming and the front of house valet service was unexpected but a brilliant addition to the excellent service we experienced. It was our first visit to the Hotel and Edinburgh, the hotel is in a brilliant central location and the room we stayed is was exceptional. Just a shame we only had one night there before continuing our tour of Scotland. Highly recommend a stay in this Hotel.
great atmosphere. staff very friendly. would love to have stayed longer.