- 47 guest reviews
"Great value for money, nice location and helpful staff. Just what I needed...."
"The room was perfectly clean and the staff friendly enough. The hotel is in a fantastic location, very close to South Kensington tube statio..."
"We stayed midweek and found the hotel to be well situated for transport in an interesting area. The room itself was clean and a good size, w..."
"Clean and comfortable room. Everything worked as it should. Well done !..."
"Very close to South Kensington Underground station which is on both the Piccadilly and District and Circle Lines. Friendly staff and nice fu..."
About the hotel
The Feel of an English country home the pleasure of being close to London's finest museums, shopping, dining, living. Relax and enjoy yourself in a setting of timeless elegance. Named after the celebrated artist, the Gainsborough combines the attractive style of bygone days with an easy informality.
To stay here is to enjoy the London of fashionable South Kensington, Harrods, the restaurants, and antique markets, pubs and delightful backwaters of Chelsea and Knightsbridge. You're at the capital's culture too with great museums - Science, Natural History, Victoria and Albert - nearby and for music lovers, the glorious Royal Albert Hall, just minutes away.
Showing Tuesday 24 May 2016 to Wednesday 25 May 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Babysitting services , Cots available
- Wi-Fi Available , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Private dining services
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View) , [Channels] Music
- Doctor on call , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Lounge Menu , Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
62% would recommend it to a friend
Great location, uninspiring hotel
I'm used to the over inflated prices of London hotels so didn't expect great things and didn't get them.
Front desk staff v helpful, but a depressing basement room that looked like it hadn't been updated since the 70's. Fortunately one night only and reason for stay was an awards dinner at the natural hasty museum so perfectly located as a 2 minute walk away.