- Very Good
- 25 guest reviews
"My room was nicely decorated and the bathroom was good. Great location for my work. Unfortunately the hotel smells of the restaurant spices..."
"Very good overall impression and best location next to the station and city centre..."
"Staff at breakfast abrupt not friendly enough, that apart great price and good quality for the money...."
"I stayed there with my 20 yr old daughter for three nights. We chose the hotel because of the central location and price. We booked a double..."
"Good hotel, once located in the town's one-way system. Has some parking available around the back. Very helpful staff - upgraded the room up..."
About the hotel
The Royal County Hotel is situated in the heart of Reading Town Centre, adjacent to the Oracle retail development, and within easy access of the Inner Ring Road and the Railway Station. The hotel offers 52 en suite bedrooms including a number of family size bedrooms accomodating up to 3 people, there are also a number of Smoking rooms available. All of the 52 bedrooms have remote controlled colour Flat Screen Televisions with Freeview, tea/coffee making facilities, direct dial telephone, hairdyer, heating control, Broadband internet access, electric shaver point, 24 hour room service, a selection of toiletries, smoke alarms, iron and ironing board.
The majority of the rooms are non-smoking. The new Royal tandoori Indian Restaurant serves good authentic Indian cuisine, all individually prepared and served in a modern and relaxed environment. We also serve English and Continental Food in our Lounge area and also as Room service.
- 24 Hour Reception , Cots available , Smoking allowed in bedrooms , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Radio
- Car Parking Available Offsite
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
76% would recommend it to a friend
This hotel is not a good choice.
And if you want to stay there anyway ask for a 1st floor room.
We got a room on the 3rd floor and IT was a claustrophobic experience, not to mention the danger in case of Fire. 35 degrees hot and the windows could not be opened properly. The staff had absolutely no interest in helping change the room. One day coming home at 9 in the evening, we found our room still not made up!?!
My room was nicely decorated and the bathroom was good.
Great location for my work. Unfortunately the hotel smells of the restaurant spices which they try to cover up with air freshener of some kind. As the hotel is so central beware of street noise too if you are in a room facing the street. I stayed on two of the hottest nights of the year and there was no air con in my room just a fan that didn't make much difference to the 30 degree heat. If I had stayed in winter I could have closed the double glazed Windows. Overall I had an ok stay but not sure I could deal with the smell again!