- Very Good
- 31 guest reviews
"Staff at breakfast abrupt not friendly enough, that apart great price and good quality for the money...."
"I stayed there with my 20 yr old daughter for three nights. We chose the hotel because of the central location and price. We booked a double..."
"Good hotel, once located in the town's one-way system. Has some parking available around the back. Very helpful staff - upgraded the room up..."
"Staying in Reading overnight on business, this was just what I needed: a comfortable, clean, welcoming hotel in the town centre. There is th..."
"The hotel brand name doesn't do justice to the superb Indian style and service you will find here...."
About the hotel
The Royal County Hotel is situated in the heart of Reading Town Centre, adjacent to the Oracle retail development, and within easy access of the Inner Ring Road and the Railway Station. The hotel offers 52 en suite bedrooms including a number of family size bedrooms accomodating up to 3 people, there are also a number of Smoking rooms available. All of the 52 bedrooms have remote controlled colour Flat Screen Televisions with Freeview, tea/coffee making facilities, direct dial telephone, hairdyer, heating control, Broadband internet access, electric shaver point, 24 hour room service, a selection of toiletries, smoke alarms, iron and ironing board.
The majority of the rooms are non-smoking. The new Royal tandoori Indian Restaurant serves good authentic Indian cuisine, all individually prepared and served in a modern and relaxed environment. We also serve English and Continental Food in our Lounge area and also as Room service.
Showing Wednesday 25 May 2016 to Thursday 26 May 2016Change Search
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car Parking Available Offsite
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
81% would recommend it to a friend
Quality Hotel Reading(Town Centre)
Staff at breakfast abrupt not friendly enough, that apart great price and good quality for the money.
Ok for no frills hotel
I stayed there with my 20 yr old daughter for three nights.
We chose the hotel because of the central location and price. We booked a double room. This was extremely small but clean and well presented. Felt that the breakfast, which was included in the price, was very good with a wide selection. Couple of things that were a bit negative. The hotel accepts large groups of men/women. Whilst we were there was an extremely large group of men which was a bit raucous at breakfast. Also our room door was battered at 3 in the morning by what we assume is someone who had a bit much to drink. Also, whilst I enjoy a good curry, the hotel smells of curry constantly due to the restaurant situated on the ground floor. As I said. Like the smell but not first thing in the morning.