- Very Good
- 3 guest reviews
"We must have had one of the poorer rooms in this much hyped hotel. On second floor, no lift, fantastic view of beautiful gardens but deafene..."
"The hotel provided a truly magical location for us to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. The hotel magical and cosy and spotlessly cle..."
"All staff most helpful and obliging particularly after admin probs at both reception and restaurant sorted. Hotel in very old buildings did..."
About the hotel
Probably built as a Royal Hunting lodge and very much a stately home since the 16th century, Great Fosters is now a prestigious hotel. Set amongst 50 acres of gardens and parkland, the hotel is a Grade One listed building blessed with the grandeur of 16th century England and luxurious modern facilities. Its past is evident in the mullioned windows, tall chimneys, fireplaces and brick finials, while the Saxon moat, crossed by a Japanese bridge, surrounds three sides of the formal garden.
All the suites and bedrooms are individually decorated. The bedrooms in the Main House are adorned with tapestries and antiques, whilst the bedrooms in The Cloisters are more contemporary in style. The Coach House, recently refurbished in 2008, offers luxurious accommodation with the latest plasma screens, i-pod docking stations and fabulous bathrooms.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , 24 Hour Reception , Cots available , Wedding Licence , Telephone In Each Room , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available , Currency Exchange , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite , Valet Parking
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu
- Outdoor Pool , Croquet , Tennis Courts , [Channels] News
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Not up to expectation
We must have had one of the poorer rooms in this much hyped hotel.
On second floor, no lift, fantastic view of beautiful gardens but deafened by noise of motorway so no chance of window open if sleep required. Heating in room controllable only by valves on radiator ( thermostat on wall had no effect, but house manager very prompt in response to my 11pm call for help). Hot water pretty much had a mind of its own and one tap incomplete. Bed very comfortable and everything else OK. Had previously stayed in a ground floor room on stroude road side which was much better. Luckily we had a LateRooms rate which was cheaper than hotel quoted and made the deal acceptable.
A magical location with considerate staff.
The hotel provided a truly magical location for us to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary.
The hotel magical and cosy and spotlessly clean - perfect.