- Very Good
- 7 guest reviews
"It is a lovely place in the countryside. Lovely terrace for tea overlooking a superb garden! Unfortunatelly our bedroom was quite noisy in t..."
"This hotel and grounds exceeded expectations. It was not known to us, we sought a romantic break away, and it delivered on all fronts. The s..."
"Excellent all round, though the carpets outside the rooms were very stained..."
"The Hotel itself is beautiful. The décor, furniture and rooms are all lovely. What really made it superb though, was the staff. All of the s..."
"Great Fosters was the best hotel I've ever stayed in the UK. It has welcoming and friendly staffs, a great building and its interior (which..."
About the hotel
Probably built as a Royal Hunting lodge and very much a stately home since the 16th century, Great Fosters is now a prestigious hotel. Set amongst 50 acres of gardens and parkland, the hotel is a Grade One listed building blessed with the grandeur of 16th century England and luxurious modern facilities. Its past is evident in the mullioned windows, tall chimneys, fireplaces and brick finials, while the Saxon moat, crossed by a Japanese bridge, surrounds three sides of the formal garden.
All the suites and bedrooms are individually decorated. The bedrooms in the Main House are adorned with tapestries and antiques, whilst the bedrooms in The Cloisters are more contemporary in style. The Coach House, recently refurbished in 2008, offers luxurious accommodation with the latest plasma screens, i-pod docking stations and fabulous bathrooms.
Showing Wednesday 29 July 2015 to Thursday 30 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite, Valet Parking
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu
- Outdoor Pool, Croquet, Tennis Courts
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, Radio
- In room facilities
- Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
86% would recommend it to a friend
Wonderfull garden!!!! Rooms are modern and bed linen superb!
It is a lovely place in the countryside.
Lovely terrace for tea overlooking a superb garden. Unfortunatelly our bedroom was quite noisy in the mornings... Otherwise it would have been perfect!
Read the booklet in your room page for page, so you are aware of charges from drinking water in the fridge to an astonishing £15 per person for a buffet breakfast.
I was very disappointed to find there were no tea or coffee facilities in our room and further more if I was to order a tea to the room would be at an additional cost.(since my complain it apparently appears in the guest directory (unfortunately I din't think to search pages of information for a simple cup of tea!) that should you require a hospitality tray to call reception and one will be brought to your room free of charge.) This is not something I expect from a 4* hotel.
The bathroom was pretty plain and basic with mosaic tiles in the bathroom, and some were coming loose behind the taps.
I would not recommend this over priced hotel to any of my friends or family.