- 218 guest reviews
"The hotel itself was very nice, clean etc. For me my only gripe is car parking. On arrival I was informed that as I was parked on the road o..."
"Have stayed at best western lots. Of times but never in a awfull room like this shower was chipped and cold , room was dated and run down we..."
"Stayed at this hotel a few times over the years but standards are slipping each time I revisit. Fortunately whenever I stay, it is only for..."
"Good value and very convenient. Staff friendly and helpful...."
"The staff were friendly on arrival and let us check in slightly early. The was clean and adequate. The bathroom was dated and looked tired...."
About the hotel
Just 100 metres from Chester Rail Station, the Westminster has free Wi-Fi and a contemporary bar and restaurant. A grand, wooden staircase and a stained glass window are features of the Best Western. Local and regional dishes and a full English breakfast are served in the Best Western Westminster Hotel's air-conditioned bar and restaurant which features a bold and modern decor.
All rooms have a traditional colour scheme and feature dark wood furnishings. Tea and coffee making facilities and a hairdryer are provided in each room. The historic Grosvenor Park and the River Dee are less than 700 metres from the Westminster Hotel. Chester city centre is less than 10 minutes’ walk away and canal-side pubs and restaurants are within a 5 minute walk of the hotel. The M53 motorway is 5 minute’s drive away. Car parking is available at our Sister Hotel The Queen, £10. 00 per night Mon-Thurs and £15. 00 per night Fri-Sun. Ample on road parking and low cost pay and display right next door (free 6pm-9am).
Showing Monday 30 March 2015 to Tuesday 31 March 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Public Air Conditioning
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV, CD Player, CD Library, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Car Parking Available Offsite
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 01/04/2014 to 29/09/2014 - Bookings over Grand National & Chester Races will have 50% deposit taken at time of booking and is non refundable & non transferrable. Balance will be taken 2 weeks prior to arrival. The LateRooms.com rates for BEST WESTERN Westminster Hotel in Chester are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
68% would recommend it to a friend
The hotel was shabby and needed decorating, the bathroom were not clean enough one if the rooms had hair in the bath.
The local buses parked outside the rooms with the engines running, fumes coming direct into the room. And not only this road works were going on from the early hours. The staff were nice enough but our group of 7 would not return.
Very disappointing accommodation
The room, though clean, was nothing like the photo.
No furniture matched. Some of the wooden furniture was water damaged. The décor was shabby. The net curtains and windows were grubby. There was black mould on the bathroom ceiling. We had no complimentary toiletries on the first night. The bathroom was very dated. My Dad was bitten on both nights. That said, the reception staff were very friendly and helpful, and the hotel did respond to my Dad's complaints regarding the his bites (though he was still bitten on the second night).
I've stayed in several Best Western hotels and this was by far the worst. We were really surprised that Best Western would have a hotel of this quality on their books. I wouldn't recommend anyone stay here.