- Very Good
- 26 guest reviews
"Have stayed there before and needed to come back to the city. Would have stayed a third night but this venue was fully booked for that date..."
"The layout of the corridors and rooms was not very good. It was hard to navigate to our room. Walking from ground floor to second floor and..."
"Well finished room, clean and everything worked...."
"i think the hotel is a bit overpriced...."
"I thought the room price was sufficient to include breakfast so overall i felt as though it was on the expensive side...."
About the hotel
The refurbished County Hotel is a large town centre hotel located just a minutes walk from the train station, with direct routes into central London in just 35 minutes, and a couple of minutes from Chelmsford town centre. The County Hotel prides itself on its superb service making this an excellent place to stay if you are visiting Chelmsford or it's surrounding areas. The 50 spacious and contemporary rooms are bright and stylish and feature flat screen TV’s, free wireless internet access and Freeview and Satellite TV.
The acclaimed "County Kitchen" Restaurant was awarded it's first rosette in 2008 and offers a comfortable, informal yet stylish dining experience and is the perfect place to enjoy classic British food in a modern style. A separate lounge area with a bar is the perfect place to enjoy your favourite tipple and offers a large programme of Evening Entertainment throughout the year. Our Entertainment programme features everything from Dinner Dances through to Mystery Murder Nights and Old School Discos. Chelmsford Museum, Essex County Cricket Club, Riverside Ice and Leisure and Chelmsford Cathedral amongst other attractions are all within walking distance of the hotel. A member of Classic British Hotels.
Showing Saturday 30 May 2015 to Sunday 31 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View)
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 04/12/2015 to 19/12/2015 - all Friday and Saturdays in December we hold public dinner dances with disco music till midnight also on these nights the restaurant will not be available food will be available in our Lounge Bar The LateRooms.com rates for County Hotel in Chelmsford are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
92% would recommend it to a friend
Have stayed there before and needed to come back to the city.
Would have stayed a third night but this venue was fully booked for that date when we knew about this trip. Accommodation excellent, apart from lack of view from our room. Toilet cistern malfunctioned while we were there, but maintenance fixed it within half an hour. Only had breakfast in the hotel this time: good, but on this occasion the Hollandaise sauce had split.
The layout of the corridors and rooms was not very good.
It was hard to navigate to our room. Walking from ground floor to second floor and locate my room was very difficult. It was like a maze.