- Very Good
- 11 guest reviews
"The staff at the hotel were very welcoming and helpful, and they made the stay an enjoyable one. Setting and location were perfect and made..."
"I cannot fault the staff at Balmer Lawns - everyone was very helpful. The room & bathroom were adequate, although the heating was turned up..."
"Staff were so helpful and the dinner was delicious! Not a huge complaint but the bathroom could have done with a hairdryer...."
"This Hotel is not only beautiful but also lived up to the great reputation it has. Will be visiting again...."
"For some reason I thought the hotel would be cheap and cheerful but I was extremely impressed with the beautiful entrance with the Xmas deco..."
About the hotel
Set against the timeless backdrop of Europe's oldest & largest surviving forest, the Balmer Lawn nestles into ancient woodlands on the outskirts of the charming village of Brockenhurst. Built in the mid 1800s as a coaching inn, the hotel has been host to English & Russian royalty and even an American President. The hotels' tasteful blend of the contemporary and the traditional ensures the perfect combination of old fashioned values and modern sophistication and style.
At the end of a perfect day your comfortable, individually styled bedroom will offer you an oasis of calm to dream of more delights to come, beautifully appointed and with many offering sweeping views across the lawns to the forest beyond.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Air conditioning in rooms, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed, Doctor on call, Porter, Lift to all floors, Public Air Conditioning
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Outdoor Pool, Sauna, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Jacuzzi, Mountain Bike Hire, Croquet, Squash Courts, Tennis Courts, Table Tennis, Horse Riding, Clay Pigeon Shooting
- In Room Entertainment
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- 15:00 00:00
- Up to 17 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
82% would recommend it to a friend
A family-friendly welcome but missing some finishing touches...
The staff at the hotel were very welcoming and helpful, and they made the stay an enjoyable one.
Setting and location were perfect and made all the better by a sunny weekend. Pool was a bonus. We were in a family room which was spacious and clean though it did feel a bit tired for the price (PS2 with no games available and a TV in the children's room that didn't work - better to take them out completely; tiny hairdryer and rather greying towels). Breakfast was the major disappointment - service that stopped at 10 on a Sunday and self serve English breakfast which really didn't cut it. Bar food was better and sensibly priced. Could be really special with a little more finesse.
One night in Brockenhurst...
I cannot fault the staff at Balmer Lawns - everyone was very helpful.
The room & bathroom were adequate, although the heating was turned up to the maximum. I shouldn't grumble really, too warm is better than too cold - but maybe the room was a tad too warm!