- Very Good
- 154 guest reviews
"Rooms were in an annex block behind the bar and restaurant. I had a dog with me so this was excellent. Rural but near Durham; road works out..."
"Everything was lovely. The breakfast in the morning was an extra £9.95 or thereabouts, which seemed quite a lot so I skipped that but other..."
"We stayed for 1night in the chalet accomodation at the rear of the hotel. The room was very clean, but quite cold. The radiator seemed to ne..."
"Very good location and excellent value for money. The hotel staff are very friendly and go out of their way to help...."
"Me and my husband went for a night away. the staff were fantastic. the food was second to none and the room was simply immaculate. will be b..."
About the hotel
Just 3 miles from Durham City Centre, the Honest Lawyer Hotel is a 3* hotel and AA rosette restaurant, ideally located for exploring County Durham, as well as being an ideal base for doing business in and around Durham City. All of our rooms are en-suite with modern furnishings, LCD TVs, tea and coffee making facilities, as well as free wifi, which is also available in our public areas. A full English and continental breakfast is served each morning between 7am and 9am weekdays and 8am until 10am weekends, with an extensive, locally sourced menu including healthy options such as Poached Eggs and Brown Toast.
Bailey’s Bar and Restaurant serve food all day, with a full a la carte menu which includes our famous North Sea Black Sheep Beer Battered Haddock & Chips, as well as Pan Fried Seabass and Corn Fed Chicken. As well as all of the above, guests exploring County Durham receive a discount on entry to Beamish Museum, and Durham City is just a short bus ride from the hotel, with a number of buses going directly into the city stopping every 15 minutes. The warmest of welcomes awaits you at The Honest Lawyer Hotel, we look forward to your arrival.
Showing Tuesday 21 April 2015 to Wednesday 22 April 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available, Children's Facilities - Indoor, Children's Facilities - Outdoor, Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence, Doctor on call, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Public Air Conditioning
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rates for Honest Lawyer Hotel in DURHAM are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
88% would recommend it to a friend
Rooms were in an annex block behind the bar and restaurant.
I had a dog with me so this was excellent. Rural but near Durham; road works outside at the moment spoils the ambience but this is only temporary.
Would never stay again
The room was next to a store room where the pumps are situated.
Every time someone turned on a tap the pumps started. It was loud!!!. The hotel is also on a main road where once it got dark it turned in to a race trace.
As for the food. Well. I never knew you could kill fish and chips. The fish was so wet and tasteless it has to have been frozen fish. Would never use again for a meal or food.