- Very Good
- 5 guest reviews
"I stayed here for work and with my partner. We stayed another night after my day of work and it was lovely. Nice restaurant, nice breakfast..."
"Warm welcome by porter who took suitcase from our car, efficient reception staff and a lovely room. Within an hour, Reception phoned room to..."
"Very welcoming and polite...."
"It took 45 minutes for 2 boiled eggs for breakfast..."
"Booked this as a treat for my fella and me. Fancied a night away in the North East but wanted more than a budget hotel experience. Staff wer..."
About the hotel
One of Yorkshires grandest country house hotels, awarded four red stars for exceptional quality and service and has been recognised as one of the top 200 hotels in the country, Crathorne Hall is set in 15 acres of woodland with views of the Leven Valley, the River Leven & the Yorkshire Moors, yet conveniently located only 8 miles from Durham Tees Valley airport, 10 miles from Darlington city centre, and Middlesbrough & Stockton-on-Tees. For those visiting the area for pleasure, the Yorkshire Dales are close by, Captain Cook Museum and Lightwater Valley Theme Park is only 33 miles away. Crathorne Hall also provides the opportunity to take a walk, jog along one of the walking trails but also wander the well manicured lawns.
After this, return to the hotel for a hot toddy by the roaring fire in the drawing room or a chilled glass of wine under an umbrella on the terrace depending on the season. Please note children under 12 years are accommodated free when staying with an adult however if an extra bed is required for this, these can only be accommodated in an Executive room. From July, 2007 the hotel will be non-smoking throughout
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Interconnecting rooms available, Doctor on call, Porter
- Car parking available onsite, Valet Parking
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- Croquet, Clay Pigeon Shooting, Video/DVD Library, CD Player, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Lovely stately home
I stayed here for work and with my partner.
We stayed another night after my day of work and it was lovely. Nice restaurant, nice breakfast and lovely room. High end.
Everything of high quality
Warm welcome by porter who took suitcase from our car, efficient reception staff and a lovely room.
Within an hour, Reception phoned room to check all was well and did we require anything. Luxurious lounge and bar areas and impressive restaurant with very good food.