- 24 guest reviews
"This is great hotel. Outstanding service with a 'can do' attitude where guests are made to feel at home and nothing is too much trouble. The..."
"What lovely surprise this Hotel was. Very different but very good. Excellent breakfast. friendly staff. have booked another weekend there-2..."
"Great place, staff were very friendly and helpful...."
"This was everything we hoped it would be and more. On arrival (we were very early), the staff were friendly, helpful and welcoming. The loca..."
"Would definitely return..."
About the hotel
This peaceful, family run Lake District hotel is a two minute stroll from Lake Windermere and offers an AA Rosetted Restaurant, free WiFi and car parking. The Burn How’s unique layout is refreshingly different to most hotels; all of the bedrooms are located outside of the main building within the private grounds making the stay peaceful and relaxing for the discerning guest. You can take picturesque walks from the hotel, or cruise on Lake Windermere, and if you take the Post Knott walk and you find the hotels bench, bring back the inscription and you will have a drink on us.
For the shopping magnets find a special Lakeland gift in the village only two minutes walk away. On your return from a full day, relax and meet friends or family in the congenial atmosphere of the lounge and bar, or on pleasant summers evening sit out on the patio and take in the beautiful surroundings. Relax in the comfort of your room choosing from modern chalet style to four poster or traditional bedrooms. Most have private sun terraces. All have ensuite bathrooms, colour televisions, telephones and hot beverages. Rooms on the ground floor have direct access to the rose garden and patio, with some having disabled facilities. There is ample free parking available. Experience English and French Cuisine made only from the freshest produce and served in the style in which Burn How Garden House Hotel is famous. Three courses and coffee is around £25. 00 per person. At the end of the day relax with family and friends in the congenial atmosphere of the lounge and bar or on a pleasant summers evening take in the beautiful surroundings of the patio and gardens.
Showing Sunday 24 May 2015 to Monday 25 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Wake Up Call Available
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- Mountain Bike Hire
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 23/04/2015 to 31/12/2024 - Hotel only have a minimum of rooms with disabled access. Kindly call us to double check if it's available. The LateRooms.com rates for Burn How Garden House Hotel in Bowness on Windermere are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
92% would recommend it to a friend
This is a great hotel
This is great hotel.
Outstanding service with a 'can do' attitude where guests are made to feel at home and nothing is too much trouble. The rooms are tastefully decorated and extremely comfortable. The food served in the restaurant is excellent and innovative and cooked using fresh and in season ingredients. Also a great wine list and all very reasonably priced. Cannot recommend this place enough if you are visiting The Lakes.
What lovely surprise this Hotel was.
Very different but very good. Excellent breakfast. friendly staff. have booked another weekend there-2 nights this time.