- 11 guest reviews
"My husband and I stayed for three nights at this little hotel. I had only recently (two weeks ago) had a knee replacement operation and was..."
"Weather in the Lakes is variable so rooms that require outside route to restaurant not ideal Breakfast is exceptional..."
"What an excellent choice! Yes! Every facet of our stay was a stride above the norm. Staff, service, room comfort/space/facilities etc, resta..."
"The hotel is well situated for the lake and shops etc. Also very peaceful.The staff were excellent.The cleanliness of the hotel was excellen..."
"a lovely hotel, with excellent service and food, accommodation lovely, comfortable and quiet. the breakfast was simply stunning such a choi..."
About the hotel
This peaceful, family run Lake District hotel is a two minute stroll from Lake Windermere and offers an AA Rosetted Restaurant, free WiFi and car parking. The Burn How’s unique layout is refreshingly different to most hotels; all of the bedrooms are located outside of the main building within the private grounds making the stay peaceful and relaxing for the discerning guest. You can take picturesque walks from the hotel, or cruise on Lake Windermere, and if you take the Post Knott walk and you find the hotels bench, bring back the inscription and you will have a drink on us.
For the shopping magnets find a special Lakeland gift in the village only two minutes walk away. On your return from a full day, relax and meet friends or family in the congenial atmosphere of the lounge and bar, or on pleasant summers evening sit out on the patio and take in the beautiful surroundings. Relax in the comfort of your room choosing from modern chalet style to four poster or traditional bedrooms. Most have private sun terraces. All have ensuite bathrooms, colour televisions, telephones and hot beverages. Rooms on the ground floor have direct access to the rose garden and patio, with some having disabled facilities. There is ample free parking available. Experience English and French Cuisine made only from the freshest produce and served in the style in which Burn How Garden House Hotel is famous. Three courses and coffee is around £25. 00 per person. At the end of the day relax with family and friends in the congenial atmosphere of the lounge and bar or on a pleasant summers evening take in the beautiful surroundings of the patio and gardens.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Cots available , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room , Wake Up Call Available , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 23/04/2015 to 31/12/2024 - Hotel only have a minimum of rooms with disabled access. Kindly call us to double check if it's available. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
82% would recommend it to a friend
Perfect place for a short break
My husband and I stayed for three nights at this little hotel.
I had only recently (two weeks ago) had a knee replacement operation and was dismayed to find that we had been allocated a room up some tricky stairs. The helpful staff moved us to a beautiful room with level access in the garden and a private patio. The food was lovely with generous portions. The selection of fresh seasonal fruit at breakfast was amazing. The service in the dining room was friendly and helpful. We will definitely return.
Lake District short break
Weather in the Lakes is variable so rooms that require outside route to restaurant not ideal Breakfast is exceptional