- Very Good
- 18 guest reviews
"The rooms were excellent - clean and tidy and warm. The public areas upstairs were rather shabby and in need of a bit of a decorate. Dinner..."
"Room was basic and in need of updating. I wondered if they were once the smoking rooms because the hallways still smelled if stale cigarette..."
"I may have been lucky but my room was spacious and well kept and had all that I needed for a short stay. This is not always the case when bo..."
"After numerous family members had stayed as South Lodge as my Neice lives close to the hotel. We travelled from the midlands for an overnigh..."
"Great customer service and well cooked evening meal. Only problem was the low water pressure from the shower...."
About the hotel
The Victorian town house hotel offers accommodation with a tasteful combination of modern design and traditional comfort. Situated only a short stroll away from the Chelmsford town centre, The South Lodge Hotel provides guests with a relaxed hideaway for a weekend getaway or for a short business trip. We are located just ten minute walk from Chelmsford Town Centre and the County Cricket ground, only a short distance from the A12 and 14 miles from the M25.
The hotel is ideal for leisure travellers and business people alike. The hotel was a former inn, which has been upgraded over a number of years, with the emphasis on restaurant design, comfort and great food. The head chef’s inventive menu will tantalise your taste buds with imaginative dishes catering for all tastes. Our contemporary bar and restaurant also offers daily specials along with our full bar menu, set menu and a la carte options. Dine inside or outside on our relaxing terrace. Our mission is to provide all our guests with a warm welcome together with a personal high quality service and attention to detail. With 36 bedrooms, featuring 2 “ Four Poster” style' - simple and comfortable with magnolia walls and dark wood furniture. You can choose from a varied choice of accommodation, from single rooms to family rooms, all offer en-suite facilities, direct dial telephone, colour television and complimentary tea/coffee making facilities.
Showing Friday 9 October 2015 to Saturday 10 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Porter
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Secretary Service , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- Smoking allowed in public areas , Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
67% would recommend it to a friend
Arguments in the corridor overnight and no hot water for a shower in the morning.
Great room, restaurant could do with some work
The rooms were excellent - clean and tidy and warm.
The public areas upstairs were rather shabby and in need of a bit of a decorate. Dinner was OK but my portion of curry was rather small and there were no potatoes with the salmon ordered by my colleague even though they were shown on the menu. The Sticky Toffee Pudding turned out to be Treacle/Golden Syrup Pudding. The Cheese and Biscuits were good. The full English Breakfast was OK but the Continental Breakfast was cereal and toast (cheap bread). In my opinion Continental Breakfast should have croissants as a minimum.