- Very Good
- 101 guest reviews
"We both were made welcome and had a pleasant surprise on our departure, due to the courtesy and generosity of Darren Hayward...."
"A really comfortable hotel. The room was spotless, bed comfortable, staff lovely and food excellent. Would definitely stay here again..."
"Only spent one night - a little short to get a proper assessment but we found the hotel pleasant and peaceful. Only odd thing was that the g..."
"Beautiful place and lovely staff. Just wish the spa was 24 hours...."
"The room and en suite were clean, well decorated and perfectly adequate. Unfortunately the wardrobe doors had just been painted and so the r..."
About the hotel
Just a 10-minute drive from Colchester’s historic city centre, the Marks Tey Hotel offers free Wi-Fi throughout, free private parking, on-site restaurant and leisure club. and there is also a hair and beauty salon. The Lifestyle Health & Leisure Club is complimentary to residents during their stay and facilities include a 15-metre indoor swimming pool, steam and sauna rooms, fully air-conditioned gymnasium and 2 outdoor tennis courts.
Beauty treatments are available for an additional charge. The elegant lounge and cocktail bar provides the perfect meeting place and somewhere to relax before dining in the splendid Brasserie Restaurant, which offers a selection of international cuisine, complemented by carefully selected wines from around the world. Colchester Zoo is within a 10-minute drive of the hotel and the Tiptree Jam Factory can be reached after 20 minutes’ drive. Scenic walks can be enjoyed in Constable Country, also just a 20-minute drive away. Flatford Mill is a 30-minute car journey away. Breakfast can be added at the next step to any room only reservations for £10. 00 per person. Colchester Severalls Business Park is just 10 - minute drive away.
Showing Wednesday 2 September 2015 to Thursday 3 September 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Tennis Courts
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 29/11/2013 to 30/11/2020 - All children from 4 to12 are charge GBP15 per person per night for extra bed Restaurant is closed on Sundays On Saturdays EARLY CHECK IN is not available The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
78% would recommend it to a friend
Best western experience
We both were made welcome and had a pleasant surprise on our departure, due to the courtesy and generosity of Darren Hayward.
A really comfortable hotel.
The room was spotless, bed comfortable, staff lovely and food excellent. Would definitely stay here again