- 55 guest reviews
"No major concerns with the room other than it was a little dated. Staff were friendly , helpful and polite...."
"Very friendly staff room was really nice but could do with a new coat of paint..."
"Good size room and bathroom. Wall paper ripped in corner.otherwise all was good...."
"Was an overnight stay, To attend an early funeral in Southport the following morning. Didn't feel much for eating on this occasion. Have sta..."
"Me and my partner stayed here overnght and enjoyed the experience we had. The young man behind reception was more than happy to help out in..."
About the hotel
Located in a prime position for those Golf lovers and shopaholics, 5 minutes walk from Southport train station! This beautifully kept Victorian hotel boasts the most beautiful landscaped gardens and detailed architecture from days gone by. Throughout, the reception, lounge area and the bedrooms the decoration is in keeping with the elegant and stylish character of the building. All 143 en-suite bedrooms are fully equipped with today’s modern facilities.
The restaurant is the Colonial, which serves excellent traditional fayre dishes and the Clubhouse bar, themed in true Golf style, has a friendly atmosphere. The hotel also features the 11 Conference Rooms available for any occasion with first class facilities and accommodating up to 450 people. Wi-Fi is complimentary in public areas and chargeable* in guest rooms. *Two free sessions of 20 minutes followed by cost of £7. 00 per 24 hours.
- Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed, Porter, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite, Park and Ride
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Secretary Service, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- [Channels] News
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 14 years old
- 01/03/2010 to 01/03/2023 - Important Information: The hotel will charge a £2 administration fee on all credit card transactions. Guest are required to show photo identification and valid credit card upon check-in. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
65% would recommend it to a friend
Good hotel, needs some updating
No major concerns with the room other than it was a little dated.
Staff were friendly , helpful and polite.
I was forced to change from first room due to loud vibration through the bathroom wall Already late for an evening engagement I accepted a basement room described as an "executive suite" where the TV remote control was missing - it was replaced On return to hotel later I was kept awake by extremely loud amplified music from function above until 2am Complained by roomphone - told to complain to Manager in the morning Woke at 6am feeling ill to find that electric kettle did not work Had to go to nightporter to fetch hot water myself On departure was given email of "responsible person" to complain to which initially didn't work because it had been written down for me incorrectly Subsequent complaints have received neither acknowledgment nor reply This was the worst and most shocking experience of a hotel stay I have ever experienced and would appreciate your assistance