- 120 guest reviews
"Me and my partner stayed here overnght and enjoyed the experience we had. The young man behind reception was more than happy to help out in..."
"Reception staff were efficient and polite, but the room was almost unbearably hot and had only one small opening window. Just outside the ro..."
"Another nice visit. Reception very friendly. Bar not very friendly and no atmosphere. Breakfast was very good but not warm enough. Room was..."
"Thank goodness we had only the one night stay to endure. seemed to be many other complaints re getting fans for the rooms etc. surely there..."
About the hotel
Located in a prime position for those Golf lovers and shopaholics, 5 minutes walk from Southport train station! This beautifully kept Victorian hotel boasts the most beautiful landscaped gardens and detailed architecture from days gone by. Throughout, the reception, lounge area and the bedrooms the decoration is in keeping with the elegant and stylish character of the building. All 143 en-suite bedrooms are fully equipped with today’s modern facilities.
The restaurant is the Colonial, which serves excellent traditional fayre dishes and the Clubhouse bar, themed in true Golf style, has a friendly atmosphere. The hotel also features the 11 Conference Rooms available for any occasion with first class facilities and accommodating up to 450 people. WIFI is free to all guests and is available in all public areas of the hotel.
Showing Monday 8 February 2016 to Tuesday 9 February 2016Change Search
- Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite , Park and Ride
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Secretary Service , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- 01/03/2010 to 01/03/2023 - Important Information: The hotel will charge a £2 administration fee on all credit card transactions. Guest are required to show photo identification and valid credit card upon check-in. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
62% would recommend it to a friend
Just needs the right team
The hotel from the exterior, roadside certainly has a nice appeal to it and stands out, shame the people whom welcome you aren't of the same quality, it needs a little updating inside no ceiling lights worked, a lamp worked,all floors creaked.
Hotel was warm,shower very good/powerful, bath plug too small it emptied bath. Housekeeping left us a note everyday which was thoughtful.
Me and my partner stayed here overnght and enjoyed the experience we had.
The young man behind reception was more than happy to help out in anything that we needed. The room was so clean and tidy, was impressed.
Bed was immensely comfy. 2 negative but not important (to me) :
- squeeky bed on one side
- tv had 3 channels that worked well whilst the rest were unwatchable or had no signal at all. Overall great place to go.