- 12 guest reviews
"On arrival we were treated to a lovely warm welcome from a very bubbly and cheerful young lady called Sharon who booked us in and showed us..."
"Felt very welcome. Staff were all helpful and friendly. Rooms were perfect for our needs. Breakfast was great with ample choice and evening..."
"Food well presented and full of flavour, forget diets have a pudding...."
"I really enjoyed my stay at the George - it is quite traditional (not one of those places that serves chips in a plant pot and thinks qualit..."
"Had to be in the area on business and needed a comfy bed, friendly service and a good meal. I had all of that at the George plus. Because I..."
About the hotel
An 18th century coaching inn of character with open fires, a wealth of beams & horse brasses, standing in the cobbled square of this pretty Georgian market town. The George is a friendly, family-run Inn, enjoying an excellent reputation for good food in both our Restaurant & Courtyard Bar, together with some fine wines & real ales. For those who enjoy browsing, Easingwold is full of antique treasures, whilst being only a short drive away from the centre of York with its many historic attractions.
Bedrooms at The George have en suite facilities. Some are traditionally furnished, some are designed in a modern style. Each room has a colour television and radio, direct-dial telephone, hairdryer and tea/coffee making facilities on a welcome tray. The cosy oak-beamed restaurant, overlooking the Market Square, offers a wide range of dishes from À La Carte to Table d'Hôte menus. We also serve a traditional two or three course Sunday lunch. Coffee is served in the relaxing atmosphere of our residents' lounge, with its antique kitchen range.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium , Mountain Bike Hire
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Ground floor bedrooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
A lovely warm welcome
On arrival we were treated to a lovely warm welcome from a very bubbly and cheerful young lady called Sharon who booked us in and showed us to our room.
Our room was large and comfortable with a good sized bathroom, all spotlessly clean. We dined in the bar where we were well looked after by Rob and young Mel. This is a very pleasant relaxing place with a good menu and my husband appreciates the selection of real ales on offer.