- Very Good
- 6 guest reviews
"We stayed for a long weekend, and found the hotel a great base for walking the Langdale valley. Very relaxed and quiet, though we visited th..."
"Lovely weekend, staff very friendly and hotel spotless..."
"Fantastic location, and really lovely hotel...."
"Only stayed one night as we were on our way to Scotland. I wish we'd booked longer and will definitely be back soon. Room delightful with a..."
"The New Dungeon Ghyll is a very pretty and comfortable retreat amid the fells of Great Langdale. If it's sunny you can eat in the beer garde..."
About the hotel
This family run hotel, set in 6 acres of land with spectacular views over the Langdale Valley, has an excellent chef preparing local dishes to be enjoyed in the charming restaurant in front of open log fires. Close to the bustling small town of Ambleside and situated conveniently for visiting many interesting areas of the Lake District, such as Grasmere, Bowness on Windermere, Keswick and Kendal, the Hotel prides itself on the cuisine served, the relaxed and friendly service it offers, as well as the excellent standards provided. All bedrooms enjoy the most dramatic of views, whether over Stickle Beck as it tumbles down the fellside, to the Pikes themselves all dominant and brooding or Lingmoor as she forms the long south easterly side of the valley.
Each of the extremely comfortable rooms are en-suite with colour television and tea and coffee making facilities and central heating. The bright restaurant overlooks the patio and to the lawn with the Lakeland fells beyond. Before dining take the opportunity to sample the hand pulled beers or the many malt whiskies available in the cosy lounge bar. Resident chef, Ian Manley, now in his 12th year at the hotel and his small and enthusiastic team have devised a style of cooking which is unique to The New Dungeon Ghyll Hotel. Using only the finest seasonal local produce including game, meat and fish the hotel proudly claim an extremely high standard of cuisine that you will want to sample again and again. The excellent selection of dishes also extends to our range of vegetarian meals. Please note a non refundable but transferable deposit of £40 is taken upon verifying bookings.
Showing Friday 9 October 2015 to Saturday 10 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Mountain Bike Hire
- In room entertainment
- TV , Video/DVD Library , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Minibar in each room
- Hotel services
- Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Private dining services
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- 18/02/2015 to 31/12/2015 - Please note a non refundable but transferable deposit of £40 is taken upon verifying bookings. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
83% would recommend it to a friend
We stayed for a long weekend, and found the hotel a great base for walking the Langdale valley.
Very relaxed and quiet, though we visited the weekend after a bank holiday.
The staff were all very helpful, and the service and room good. When we had to cut short our stay by a day at the last minute, we weren't charged for the last day and when we left an item of clothing in the room, it was quickly returned to us by post. Would highly recommend.
Lovely weekend, staff very friendly and hotel spotless