- 29 guest reviews
"We parked in the designated car park which was good to have but spaces were tight. We went inside to check in at reception where we were giv..."
"Lovely hotel nicely modernised. Room wa sspacious and clean and location excellent..."
"My first impression is that it looked like a posh office environment...the cozy welcoming factor was missing...had loads of nice furniture....."
"Large room and comfortable but dark as only one window looking out on courtyard . Excellent location for access to Richard III exhibition an..."
"The room was fine. Bed was adequate. TV was terrible. Small and didn't work well at all. Coffee machine was rubbish. The room was expensiv..."
About the hotel
Victorian charm meets modern comfort at this 4 star Leicester hotel. A short drive from the National Space Centre, you can also step out from Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel and find the city's Cultural Quarter, nightlife and shopping. The 104 rooms are stylish and modern, with complimentary high-speed WiFi and satellite TV.
Dine in Marco's New York Italian restaurant and enjoy a variety of meals inspired by American-Italian cuisine, including pastas, pizzas, hotdogs, steaks and much more. If you fancy a drink, pop over to Marco's Bar and enjoy a glass of wine or a cocktail. The hotel has 7 well equipped meeting rooms for all conferencing needs.
Showing Saturday 6 February 2016 to Sunday 7 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Children's Facilities - Indoor
- Wedding Licence
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
66% would recommend it to a friend
standard double room stay. One night
We parked in the designated car park which was good to have but spaces were tight.
We went inside to check in at reception where we were give. A room key card and asked if we wanted to pre book breakfast at £10 per person. I didn't realise it would be extra or priced so high. We booked anyway as we were told it was £3 extra if we didn't book. We then had to make our own way to the room. On exploring the small room we were greeted to a fusty odur in the bathroom and a very cold room with no heating controls. We went to reception and they gave us a new room. The new room was bigger and odur free and very warm. When it got dark we found that one of the bulbs in the bathroom was out but didn't bother to complain. We had made a reservation in the restaurant. We ordered a bottle of wine, a starter platter and two meals. My partner had to order veg with hers as she was told it only came with chicken and potatoes. The food was very basic. I really can't believe marco pierre White had put his name to it. My food was quite bland. The morning breakfast food was better but still basic. So after paying out £77 for a meal and £20 for breakfast it did seem like we had been ripped off. I would probably say that the meals and breakfast at wetherspoons would be better than here and a lot lighter on the pocket.
I'm not sure I could reccomend the stay here with the restaurant spoiling our stay.
Lovely hotel nicely modernised.
Room wa sspacious and clean and location excellent