- Very Good
- 118 guest reviews
"Room comfortable with fantastic views of Cardiff Castle. Being an old building you got creaky floorboards which only added to the character...."
"Hotel is situated perfectly right beside the castle and close to city centre, parking at £13.00 excellent value. Rooms are large with really..."
"Good value for money...."
"Great location and service - disappointing view (although the Castle was opposite we couldn't see it) but no real complaints...."
"The food was excellent, the staff helpful but the quality of the room was terrible. The headboard was severely ripped, furniture old and had..."
About the hotel
The Angel Hotel is Nestled between Cardiff Castle and the Millennium Stadium on Castle street, the Angel Hotel is perfectly placed for exploring this vibrant city. Steeped in history, the hotel dates back to 1883 and is the most famous in Cardiff. Some of the world's greatest stars have walked down the hotel's magnificent staircase, including Marlene Dietrich, All 102 bedrooms include a TV, hair dryer, iron & ironing board, 24 hour room service and free Wi-Fi.
Dine with views of Cardiff Castle to be seen through the large, original sash window, diners can enjoy fine dining in Castell’s Restaurant, which has seasonal menus and daily specials, plus a selection of exclusive wines. For less formal dining, guests are welcome to join us at The Angel Bar, which has a brasserie-style menu and light bites. The Beatles and Gregory Peck. Recent investment has restored the building to its former Victorian splendour and it now benefits from air-conditioning in all bedrooms and secure car parking. Parking is on a first come first served basis and charged at £13 per car per day We are just a 5 minute walk from Cardiff train station and we're opposite Cardiff Castle!
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Air conditioning in rooms , 24 Hour Reception , Cots available , Wedding Licence , Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Currency Exchange , Pets Allowed , Doctor on call , Lift to all floors , Public Air Conditioning
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , Radio
- Fishing , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
75% would recommend it to a friend
Room comfortable with fantastic views of Cardiff Castle.
Being an old building you got creaky floorboards which only added to the character. The entrance and grand staircase are straight out of a vintage film, very majestic. We only had breakfast there but it was really good. We would definitely tay there again.
Hotel is situated perfectly right beside the castle and close to city centre, parking at £13.00 excellent value.
Rooms are large with really comfortable beds, good bed linen and immaculate towels. The décor is very tired and the furniture needs upgrading. Darren on reception is brilliant, very helpful and attentive. Evening meal was an absolute disaster, tepid fishcakes for starters and the shin beef was full of fat and gristle, we decided to avoid dessert. Breakfast however was brilliant. Would stay again but not opt for evening meal. There were stag and hen parties in the hotel but the rooms are very sound proof and we were not disturbed at all.