- Very Good
- 18 guest reviews
"It was easy to find, the amenities were excellent and it offered parking which was vital for us. All in all the hotel was spot on and we wou..."
"We had a lovely stay. We were pleasantly surprised about the location, we thought it was further out of the city, but the theatre was only a..."
"Excellent location and property..."
"Manchester Marriott Victoria and Albert Hotel...."
"What a great hotel, staff were very attentive, nothing too much trouble, lovely room and top location!!! My wife was really impressed too..."
About the hotel
A vibrant Manchester city centre hotel, located on the banks of the River Irwell, the Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel exudes a historical charm that appeals to business and leisure travellers. Located across from the Coronation Street set tour; adjacent to Spinningfields and a pleasant walk to the Opera House and Palace Theatre, this four-star hotel in Manchester was first built as a warehouse in 1844. The charming building displays the old architectural detail with contemporary flair, comfort and services.
Our newly refurbished, luxurious guest rooms at our hotel in Manchester are graced by original oak beams and exposed brick and feature plush new bedding and high-speed Internet access. For dining, the brasserie-style V&A Restaurant offers international fare and river views, while the V&A Lounge Bar has become a favourite haunt of celebrities. For business events or intimate weddings, our Manchester city centre hotel offers superior conference facilities with nine meeting rooms, expert catering & audiovisual services.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Air conditioning in rooms, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Minibar in each room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange, Interconnecting rooms available, Doctor on call, Porter, Lift to all floors, Public Air Conditioning
- Car parking available onsite, Valet Parking
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View), [Channels] Foreign (European), [Channels] Foreign (Other)
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
72% would recommend it to a friend
Manchester Marriott Victoria and Albert Hotel
Lovely staff / dirty room.
We were very disappointed with the quality of the accommodation. The decor in our room was tired and the cleaning of the room almost non-existent. Dust everywhere, especially the side tables, the top of the bed, the handles were sticky on the side cupboards and generally everything felt like it needed a really good clean and on one occasion in the 3 night stay the room wasn't turned round. The wifi is just about non-existent, very intermittent and you certainly couldn't use it to work from. The TV was intermittent too on several channels, the signal breaking up and failing. The plumbing was very noisy when people in adjoining rooms were using their facilities. Mostly the problem was cleanliness the bed linen was tired and had several old stains. The linen was limp and grey, the pillows and mattress were well used and uncomfortable. The bed looked like it might have been slept in before. There is no complimentary water in the room, although I see it in several of the pictures shown of rooms and only one packet of biscuits for the entire stay. These are small things but the things that make a difference. On a positive note the staff, concierge especially, was very helpful and kind. The desk staff initially helped with getting the window open against hotel policy as my friend has breathing difficulties. (Made MUCH worse by the stay in the dusty grubby room). The Duty Manager was apologetic as we complained vociferously on our departure. In general the staff we met were great. However, in spite of the offer of a discount on our next visit (we have family in Manchester) it is very unlikely that we would stay there again.
Shower is too low, (literally hade to duck to get in) and then flooded the bathroom because the screen was not sealed correctly. Charged for 2 breakfasts even though only had 1. Ice machine wasn't working. Key was faulty. Needed it changed 4 times. Bed was like jelly. Way too soft. TV was not very user friendly.