This hotel doesn't have any reviews yet.
About the hotel
The George Hotel Huntingdon is situated in the heart of the historic Cambridgeshire market town of Huntingdon. With easy access for the A1 and A14 only minutes away. The historic George Hotel was once the home of Oliver Cromwell's grandfather.
It was first recorded in the reign of Henry VIII, and in about 1550 it became the property of a brewer called Henry Cromwell, whose son is buried in the neighbouring churchyard and whose grandson Oliver was a gentleman farmer in the neighbourhood, until a higher destiny called. There is even a tradition that the Protector was actually born in the inn. The Cromwell's were a prominent local land-owning family and Oliver Cromwell was born here in Huntingdon. If you want to find out more, the Oliver Cromwell Museum is just 200 yards from the hotel. Shakespeare plays are performed every year in the last week of June and the first week in July in the pleasant, flower filled courtyard. Today the George Hotel is a bustling hotel - a firm favourite with locals and travellers. Large car park.
Showing Saturday 10 October 2015 to Sunday 11 October 2015Change Search
Unfortunately this hotel is currently not open to bookings through LateRooms.com
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , CD Player , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
No reviews yet