- Very Good
- 29 guest reviews
"Absolutely fantastic! The suite we had was quite expensive in comparison to the normal rooms. Perfect! This was an amazing experience. Just..."
"A very pleasant stay at a wonderful location..."
"We have stayed at a few castles, this has been the best yet at a reasonable rate..."
"Romantic setting, beautifully decorated throughout, a stunning bedroom with a gorgeous ensuite and the most comfortable bed my partner or I..."
"Last stayed in 1978! This trip was a nostalgic revisit and it did not disappoint. The ambience is superb instilling such peace and tranquill..."
About the hotel
Lumley Castle Hotel’s 73 luxurious en-suite bedrooms are all individually designed and situated within the Castle and its adjoining Courtyard and Courtyard Mews. A magnificent monument to a bygone age, now converted into a unique 4 star Hotel. Situated in its own grounds, close to junction 63 on the A1M, overlooking Emirates Durham International Cricket Ground and the river Wear.
Lumley Castle dates back over 600 years to the 13th Century. The Black Knight restaurant is set deep within the Castle and enjoys an excellent reputation locally and the Library bar is atmospheric and comfortable. Whilst a favourite for leisure guests, the Hotels quiet yet accessible location close to Durham (7 miles) Newcastle-upon-Tyne (11 miles) and Sunderland (12 miles) together with free WiFi, free parking and a range of meeting and event rooms make this a sensible overnight choice for both the business and leisure Guest.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Air conditioning in rooms , 24 Hour Reception , Cots available , Wedding Licence , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Currency Exchange , Interconnecting rooms available , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , Radio
- Snooker/Billiards , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
90% would recommend it to a friend
Lumley Castle Hotel
The suite we had was quite expensive in comparison to the normal rooms. Perfect. This was an amazing experience. Just a fantastic place and such a welcoming team. Will go again.
A very pleasant stay at a wonderful location