- Very Good
- 81 guest reviews
"Can't fault this hotel really. The Hotel is well located with only a short 5 minute walk to the centre of York. Room was a good size and fit..."
"Excellent customer service, great location and very comfortable rooms..."
"1st time staying here, good hotel but room 102 has a noisy roof vent outside, running all night which stopped us opening the window as the r..."
"Second time here. Great stay, great staff. See you again...."
"Absolutely fantastic stay. Cannot say anymore than that..."
About the hotel
Hotel 53 has recently undergone a quarter of a million pound refurbishments and all rooms have been updated. Hotel 53 is a modern hotel in York city centre, within the historic city centre walls. It has free Wi-Fi, a restaurant and cocktail bar and stylish rooms with flat screen TVs.
The modern rooms have hairdryers, tea/coffee-making facilities and walk-in power showers with complimentary toiletries. Disabled rooms and double rooms with twin beds are available on request. Double rooms also have a sofa bed to accommodate up to 2 children up to the age of 12 years. Hotel 53 is less than 2 miles (3. 2km) from York Racecourse and less than a mile (1. 6km) from York Rail Station. The major attractions are a short walk away. Limited on-site parking is available at an additional charge. The restaurant at Hotel 53 will no longer be opening on Saturday & Sunday evenings for dinner service. However, the restaurant will remain open Mon-Fri from the newly amended time of 18:30 - 21:00 (last orders). Please note that the restaurant will be closed on New Years Eve. On arrival, a credit/debit card pre-authorisation is required to cover any incidentals or extra charges
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Lift to all floors , Public Air Conditioning
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
83% would recommend it to a friend
Birthday treat for my daughter
I booked a twin bedded room and on arrival I was assured that the room allocated was a twin bedded room.
When my daughter and I got to the room we discovered a double bed. I went back down to reception and was told that a sofa could be made into a bed. For the amount I was paying for the room I did not feel I should be making up a sofa bed especially when the twin bed room was booked 3 weeks in advance. We then had to go out for 2 hours in the rain while another room was set up. We returned to find another room had been allocated but I was disappointed when we walked into the room it was very dark and the twin beds were together as there was not much space to separate them. It was 5pm by this time and we had been travelling from Dundee from 8.30 on the Friday morning. It just got worse when they did not know where our cases had been put so it was about 6pm when we were eventually able to unpack and get ready to go lout for the evening. The only positive for this hotel would be the dining room where we had breakfast Sat & Sun. The restaurant staff were very friendly and attentive unlike the staff on rececption we encountered on our arrival on Friday. I am not likely to stay at this hotel again or recommend it to anyone.
Good location and well-appointed hotel
Can't fault this hotel really.
The Hotel is well located with only a short 5 minute walk to the centre of York. Room was a good size and fittings and fixtures appeared very new. Room spotless.
24 hour parking (directly across the road) can be reserved by the hotel for £10. Downstairs lobby/ lounge good size and we had tea and coffee there which was cheaper than Costa etc.. Customer service was excellent - only quibble was when we waited at the bar for a server and gave up after 5 minutes. Otherwise ticks all the boxes. Very good value and would return no problem. BR