- Very Good
- 7 guest reviews
"A lovely comfortable, clean, classy and peaceful hotel with friendly attentive staff. My only comments (and these are not complaints) just o..."
"Excellent location with great views of ullswater. Good size comfortable room with all the essentials. Staff very welcoming. Felt relaxed as..."
"A small country house offering a peaceful setting and relaxing comfort in either your well furnished room or lounge facing the lake. The sta..."
"Excellent location overlooking the lake, staff were extremely welcoming and always willing to help. Booked for bed, breakfast and evening me..."
"Welcoming and friendly, this hotel has lots to recommend it. Beautifully clean, and excellent attentive staff. The food is out of this world..."
About the hotel
Rampsbeck is an elegant 18th century country house with a wonderful lakeland setting on the shores of Lake Ullswater – and is one of the most beautifully situated hotels in Britain. With spectacular views of the lake and fells, it stands in 18 acres of parkland and gardens including nearly ¼ mile of lake frontage. Guests can relax in style in a choice of fine reception rooms with log fires in the winter.
The 19 comfortable bedrooms are all individually decorated and furnished, many with special features. The atmosphere is warm and friendly, the service professional and attentive, yet unobtrusive. The enjoyment of good food is an integral part of any stay at the Rampsbeck provides superb food and breathtaking views. Our award winning restaurant has been awarded 2 AA Rosettes. The attractive, candlelit dining room has superb lake views and here guests can enjoy the very best of modern French and English cuisine.
Showing Saturday 10 October 2015 to Sunday 11 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , CD Player , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Concierge , Wake Up Call Available
- Croquet , Fishing
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
86% would recommend it to a friend
Does exactly what it says on the tin!
A lovely comfortable, clean, classy and peaceful hotel with friendly attentive staff.
My only comments (and these are not complaints) just observations:-
Would have preferred a duvet to blankets and no way would either of the bathrobes ever fit my husband - and he's not particularly big. Restaurant food okay but would have preferred the bar menu only wasn't sure I could ask for this in the restaurant. Breakfast was fab. Overall a very pleasant stay and a hotel we look forward to returning to in the future.
Excellent location with great views of ullswater.
Good size comfortable room with all the essentials. Staff very welcoming. Felt relaxed as soon as arrived, as if we'd already been there a few days. Food excellent, presented beautifully each time & served by well trained staff, who were polite & friendly & unobtrusive, they would be topping up your wine & you wouldn't know they were there. Dining room looked out over ullswater, what better way to start & finish the day!