- 114 guest reviews
"Conveniently located in front of Stoke on Trent train station, the staff are friendly enough and the room is a good size with a big bathroom..."
"The room was very clean and had everything needed for a short stay but could do with a bit of updating...."
"Nice friendly hotel clean warm bed are not 100% but clean and not bad over all the rooms are always clean..."
"Receptionist seemed new and a little confused, took a while to check in. My room was very small no room for a bedside light. Odd that there..."
"Second time I have stayed here on business in the past month. Both times my room was clean, secure and comfortable. This is an old hotel wit..."
About the hotel
The North Stafford Hotel is located right opposite Stoke-on-Trent train station, in the heart of the Potteries and just 20 minutes drive from Alton Towers. This Elizabethan & Jacobean designed hotel is a truly elegant and intimate. All 88 en-suite bedrooms are pleasantly decorated and offer modern facilities including TV, Telephone, Hairdryer and Tea and Coffee making facilities.
Dine in the Six Town’s restaurant for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. The bars, Clayhanger bar and Winton Suite Lounge are open till late and offer a quiet and relaxed atmosphere. There are nine conference rooms catering for up to 400 people with first class facilities. WIFI is free to all guests and is available in all public areas of the hotel. Well behaved pet dogs are allowed in the hotel at a cost of £10. 00 per night, or £25. 00 per stay
Showing Wednesday 7 October 2015 to Thursday 8 October 2015Change Search
- Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Doctor on call , Porter , Lift to all floors , Public Air Conditioning
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 01/03/2010 to 31/03/2020 - Important Information: The hotel will charge a £2 administration fee on all credit card transactions. Guest are required to show photo identification and valid credit card upon check-in. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
65% would recommend it to a friend
You get what you pay for.
Conveniently located in front of Stoke on Trent train station, the staff are friendly enough and the room is a good size with a big bathroom.
There are a few downsides though, firstly, very little natural light came in the room as the window was partially hidden by the wardrobe and also faced a wall. Secondly the bathroom door couldn't shut due to poorly fitting locks, luckily the bath and toilet was not facing the door so our dignity was kept in tact. Finally we left the sign on the door asking for our room to be serviced, and rather than coming in they put towels and teabags in a plastic bag on the floor outside the door. Another note to make our door appeared to be far smaller (width) than the other doors in the corridor. Otherwise it was an average stay in an average hotel that worked due to convenience.
The room was very clean and had everything needed for a short stay but could do with a bit of updating.