- Very Good
- 37 guest reviews
"The rooms are well decorated and spotlessly clean. There was a missing section of the wardrobe surround in the top right corner which was a..."
"What a beautiful room. We stayed after a wedding at the hotel and our room was ready by 9am! The room was spacious and clean, comfortable an..."
"The hotel staff were friendly and helpful but due to the extreme windy weather our stay wasn't enjoyable. Couldn't get to sleep due to somet..."
"Really enjoyed my stay at the hotel, they made you feel welcome when we arrived to check in, the shortbread was a lovely idea and very nice..."
"excellent breakfast, welcoming service despite entering hotel quite late after a wedding, would recommend and stay again..."
About the hotel
Macdonald Craxton Wood Hotel & Spa is set within 27 acres of woodland and gardens, yet only 6 miles from Chester city centre. The hotel is a perfect location for guests staying for leisure or business. It is literally just minutes away from Deeside Industrial Estate, Ellesmere Port and Chester Business park, as well as the M56, M53 and 20 minutes drive from the M6.
Equally, the hotel's tranquil setting and proximity to Chester, the beautiful Wirrall countryside, North Wales and the Cheshire Oaks shopping outlet makes this ideal base for those wishing to explore the area. The major cities of Chester, Liverpool "The Capital of Culture 2008" and Manchester are only short drives away. From here you can visit any of the major attractions, sporting and musical events taking place in the region. Our leisure club provides opportunities that are second to none, with the latest equipment and a team of fitness and beauty professionals. Try a few lengths in our 18m pool or unwind and re-engergize in the aromatic steam room or sauna. For food lovers we have The British Grill, our newly refurbished 2 AA rosette restaurant offering classic British dishes, with a twist. Free wifi is available in all public areas, meetings rooms and guest rooms.
Showing Thursday 30 July 2015 to Friday 31 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Aerobics Studio, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Solarium
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Lift to all floors
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 10/10/2011 to 21/10/2016 - The card used to book this prepaid rate must be presented to reception on arrival at the hotel. Please note that failure to do so will result in an alternative payment method being required. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
81% would recommend it to a friend
Clean and pleasant but noisy on ground floor
The rooms are well decorated and spotlessly clean.
There was a missing section of the wardrobe surround in the top right corner which was a little shoddy from a maintenance point of view. The biggest problem was being on the ground floor. The ceiling must be paper-thin as we could almost feel every foot-fall of the guest(s) in the room above us. They clumped about late into the night and also early the next morning. You could also clearly hear their shower running. This did result in a fairly disturbed nights sleep. We mentioned this the next morning at check-out and received polite but somewhat insubstantial apology - no discount. The restaurant food was pretty good quality wise but the prices were quite high. The meal was not particularly good value for money. The sauna and steam room were very good but the pool had quite a lot of tiny black specks floating in the water - I suspect they're from the grout in the tiles which had blackened in places. We weren't keen to use the pool again.
What a beautiful room.
We stayed after a wedding at the hotel and our room was ready by 9am. The room was spacious and clean, comfortable and welcoming. Very very smart!