- Very Good
- 48 guest reviews
"There were a few small hiccups but staff sorted these out very professionally. Rated the room down as despite it being a wonderful place set..."
"Absolutely fantastic location for us to break our trip home from scotland with a little luxury, just off a major motorway but felt like it w..."
"The hotel staff was nice. I loved the gym. Good was really good (great breakfast). Dinner service tended to be slower than I wanted, but not..."
"Fantastic hotel. Beautiful grounds. Awesome breakfast! Will def book again...."
"really enjoyed our stay here. great location, very pretty grounds. didn't get a chance to use the pool although it looked good and all the s..."
About the hotel
From the moment you turn into the drive to Houstoun House you can feel the pressures of everyday life fade away. The handsome 17th century tower house is surrounded by over 20 acres of rich parkland and private parklands, it is the epitome of country house living, yet within easy reach of Edinburgh and Glasgow. The Tower Restaurant at Houstoun is a memorable experience.
The finest of ingredients are used by the most talented of chefs to produce imaginative dishes in the setting of the rooms in the Tower. The Vital Leisure Club is as relaxing as it is impressive. The centre piece is the 18m swimming pool but we also have the high tech gym, sauna, and steam room. Indulge yourself in our beauty room with various aromatherapy and beauty treatments. A stay at Houstoun House is a relaxing and pleasurable experience. Free wifi is available in all public areas, meetings rooms and guest rooms. Macdonald Houstoun House does allow dogs for a £25 supplement - please contact the hotel prior to your stay to advise.
Showing Tuesday 28 July 2015 to Wednesday 29 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Solarium, Tennis Courts
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 10/10/2011 to 20/11/2020 - The card used to book this prepaid rate must be presented to reception on arrival at the hotel. Please note that failure to do so will result in an alternative payment method being required. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
75% would recommend it to a friend
Wonderful staff and food in a lovely place.
There were a few small hiccups but staff sorted these out very professionally.
Rated the room down as despite it being a wonderful place set in beautiful grounds we had a view of...a wall. Service and food, incl. breakfast, was great and the spa was relaxing and warm. Will definitely come back but remember to ask for a more interesting view!
Absolutely fantastic location for us to break our trip home from scotland with a little luxury, just off a major motorway but felt like it was in the middle of nowhere.
Gorgeous period house, lovely rooms (although the carpet was a little grubby in our room and the bathroom door was a bit rubbish it was made up for by lovely furniture and decor and a fantastic shower!), comfy beds and a great spa and pool area. The pool did get a bit crowded while we were there with several sets of screaming children, but it was a saturday daytime. The staff were all wonderfully helpful and cheerful. The spa treatment was lovely, and breakfast was absolutely exceptional. I've stayed in a lot of nice hotels, and this was definitely one of the better breakfasts I've experienced. All in all, we'd definitely think about staying here again next time we're travelling!