- Very Good
- 28 guest reviews
"Had a great weekend at Houston House- have stayed here before as a couple but this was the first time with our 6 year old daughter. The room..."
"This is a lovely hotel with beautiful surroundings. I was disappointed when group of friends who were staying at the same time paid 100pound..."
"Highly recommend this hotel reception staff great. Swimming pool very clean and relaxing...."
"Stayed for 2 nights for a great price...."
"Good hotel in a nice quiet location but still near enough Edinburgh and attractions. Breakfast was good but we didn't have dinner as it look..."
About the hotel
From the moment you turn into the drive to Houstoun House you can feel the pressures of everyday life fade away. The handsome 17th century tower house is surrounded by over 20 acres of rich parkland and private parklands, it is the epitome of country house living, yet within easy reach of Edinburgh and Glasgow. The Tower Restaurant at Houstoun is a memorable experience.
The finest of ingredients are used by the most talented of chefs to produce imaginative dishes in the setting of the rooms in the Tower. The Vital Leisure Club is as relaxing as it is impressive. The centre piece is the 18m swimming pool but we also have the high tech gym, sauna, and steam room. Indulge yourself in our beauty room with various aromatherapy and beauty treatments. A stay at Houstoun House is a relaxing and pleasurable experience. Free wifi is available in all public areas, meetings rooms and guest rooms. Macdonald Houstoun House does allow dogs for a £25 supplement - please contact the hotel prior to your stay to advise.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available , Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Solarium , Tennis Courts
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 10/10/2011 to 20/11/2020 - Please note that rates are based on two people sharing a room. Children's breakfasts are not included in the breakfast inclusive rate of family rooms and will need to be paid for at the hotel directly The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
75% would recommend it to a friend
Had a great weekend at Houston House- have stayed here before as a couple but this was the first time with our 6 year old daughter.
The room was spacious enough for the 3 of us & we all enjoyed using the leisure facilities. We ate at the restaurant on the first night & I have to say I was quite disappointed- the quality was not as good as when were last there & I thought it was very over priced for what it was. Breakfast was good though and all the staff were as friendly & helpful as ever.
This is a lovely hotel with beautiful surroundings.
I was disappointed when group of friends who were staying at the same time paid 100pounds less for the same stay and the room we had was much smaller than theirs. Also extremely creaky floorboards which became very annoying. Breakfast was also disappointing as a full cooked breakfast consisted of 1 sausage, 1 rasher of bacon, beans, tomato and an egg it was tasty however for the price I felt it underwhelmed with the portion size. Staff were friendly and room and hotel was very clean and tidy. I would stay again if price reflected room and would give the breakfast a miss.