- Very Good
- 39 guest reviews
"Thoroughly recommended pub/hotel situated in a delightful Thames-side village 10/15 minutes off the A34. Excellent bar food/breakfast. Ample..."
"Lovely pub, good breakfast, quaint village. The George is a lovely old pub in a quaint village that has riverside walks and a beautiful abbe..."
"The owners have clearly invested significant resources in making the rooms and the dining area comfortable with a touch of luxury. The bed w..."
"We came here for my husbands birthday, the food at dinner in the pub below was outstanding and the staff were very helpful. The rooms are st..."
"Greeted very warmly on arrival. Room full of character and good size. Good value for money...."
About the hotel
The George Hotel is situated in the charming village of Dorchester on Thames and is part of the RelaxInnz prestige collection. Dating back to the 15th century, this is one of Britain’s oldest coaching inns, it is rich in historical character and charm complete with oak beams and inglenook fireplaces. The ensuite bedrooms are individually & tastefully decorated and include a TV, free Wi-Fi access, tea & coffee making facilities and most have period features.
Guests can enjoy fine British cuisine and traditional Sunday lunches in the intimate surroundings of the restaurant or relax with a quiet drink in the leafy gardens. Surrounded by scenic river walks and countryside, The George Hotel is a 20-minute drive from Oxford’s historical centre. Henley-on-Thames is a 25-minute drive away while Birmingham and London Heathrow arirports are less than an hour away.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Cots available , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Wake Up Call Available , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Radio
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- 16/02/2012 to 25/02/2021 - Cards used to guarantee reservations only. Full payment will be charged upon arrival The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
85% would recommend it to a friend
By George - Value for Money !
Thoroughly recommended pub/hotel situated in a delightful Thames-side village 10/15 minutes off the A34.
Excellent bar food/breakfast. Ample car parking. Only drawback are the abbey church bells (directly opposite) which chime every 15 minutes - all night . But the hotel does give you ear plugs. Only a minor inconvenience of a lovely venue.
The George Hotel
Lovely pub, good breakfast, quaint village.
The George is a lovely old pub in a quaint village that has riverside walks and a beautiful abbey to explore. Staff were friendly and helpful, the room was small but nice, clean, quiet, comfy bed, everything very good.