- Very Good
- 49 guest reviews
"Booked in for 3 nights. Very efficient reception staff, booking in went very smoothly. Room clean and very comfortable bed. Room carpet a li..."
"This is a lovely hotel and was a welcomed break from the souless chains that I usually stay in. The room felt really homely and was beatiful..."
"Our room was huge and beautifully decorated. Really comfortable bed and lots of cushions and pillows . Quiet location . I love this room ...."
"Everything was excellent. Alarm call was about 12 minutes late, but I had got up anyway. This hotel is perfect for me...."
"Was in a good central location, excellent breakfast, nice toiletries in the room, decent bathroom, very comfy bed. The free car park helps a..."
About the hotel
Family run, beautiful city location, stylish townhouse, minutes from the station with free Wifi* & free parking. The place to stay in Leicester! This stylish Victorian Townhouse Hotel is located on leafy New Walk in the heart of Leicester. The Belmont is an independent family owned and operated hotel, & is the highest rated 3 Star in the city.
It sits in a leafy conservation area known as New Walk and is only minutes walk from Leicester Train Station and the City centre shopping! With 75 bedrooms varying in style from modern to traditional, a stylish bar, restaurant and diverse function facilities for up to 175 guests, a great location in Leicester! The Belmont Hotel is an elegant town house conveniently located just a short stroll away from the historic centre of Leicester. It is within easy access of the M1/M69 motorway junction 21 and within walking distance of the railway station. This is an elegant town house hotel set in a unique city centre position beside the leafy New Walk, renowned for its warmth and welcoming atmosphere. Built in the 1860s, it was part of the speculative development of New Walk. 130 years later the excellent proportions and graceful elegance of the buildings form an integral part of this lovely Victorian conservation area. New Walk was laid out in 1785 and runs along one of the most beautiful stretches of Leicester. The hotel has been owned by the Bowie family for over 70 years, following a tradition founded on the principals of great service, comfort and style – qualities that have been maintained and built upon by the current generation. There is a wide range of food and drink available. The choice provides these in a manner you will savour. Cherry’s restaurant offers a blend of contemporary style and traditional luxury and is an ideal setting for a wonderful meal, where good food goes hand in hand with exceptional service. Food is provided throughout the day, simply presented and beautifully cooked. This is an ideal place in which to while away the evening or grab a quick lunch during a hectic day. At the heart of the hotel beats Jamie’s Bar and Lounge; by day an ideal meeting place for light bites, coffee or a refreshing glass of wine; by night a relaxing rendezvous where guests gather to wind down after the day's events. There are numerous attractions throughout Leicestershire and the neighbouring counties. Choose from theatres, the Highcorss shopping mall and Fosse Park. Alternatively, there is premier league football (in Derby), rugby, cricket, horse racing, Donnington race track, the Great Central Railway and much more.
- Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Secretary Service , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
90% would recommend it to a friend
Attending training course for work purposes at the Belmont Hotel, therefore made sense to stay there
Booked in for 3 nights.
Very efficient reception staff, booking in went very smoothly. Room clean and very comfortable bed. Room carpet a little stained, furniture a bit worn. Good tea and coffee making facilities, however no fridge. Bed made every day and new toiletries left. Very friendly cleaning staff. I ate in the restaurant one night and in the bar area 2 nights. Staff very helpful and friendly. Couldn't have asked for better. One lunch time a colleague and myself ordered jacket potatoes at lunch time. However we only had 30 minutes due to our training schedule and had not received food on time. The bar man offered to have them re prepared for us for our evening meal and reserved us a table. He also arranged a complimentary drink on the house. Small touches like this are very much appreciated. Overall a very well run, clean hotel. Thank you.
EXCELLENT PLACE TO STAY!
This is a lovely hotel and was a welcomed break from the souless chains that I usually stay in.
The room felt really homely and was beatifully furnished with cosy soft furnishings etc. The character of the place made it a nice place to stay and breakfast was amazing. The customer service was excellent too, as was the location. Would never stay anywhere else in Leicester.