- Very Good
- 60 guest reviews
"The Belmont does a very simple rather old fashioned and shocklingly rare thing, running a no frills no gimmicks small very comfortable hotel..."
"Very comfortable bed and pleasant homely room with some nice extras thrown in. The bathroom was a bit dusty and there were broken floor tile..."
"Great stuff. Nice room. I would like to thank all the staff members for going the extra mile and looking after us. Really guys your customer..."
"actually quite a posh hotel with good cuisine, although the price was high - but this maybe due to the date I went..."
"Being several older buildings always challenges hotels of the 21st century. However it is well organised with good food. There are several c..."
About the hotel
Family run, beautiful city location, stylish townhouse, minutes from the station with free Wifi* & free parking. The place to stay in Leicester! This stylish Victorian Townhouse Hotel is located on leafy New Walk in the heart of Leicester. The Belmont is an independent family owned and operated hotel, & is the highest rated 3 Star in the city.
It sits in a leafy conservation area known as New Walk and is only minutes walk from Leicester Train Station and the City centre shopping! With 75 bedrooms varying in style from modern to traditional, a stylish bar, restaurant and diverse function facilities for up to 175 guests, a great location in Leicester! The Belmont Hotel is an elegant town house conveniently located just a short stroll away from the historic centre of Leicester. It is within easy access of the M1/M69 motorway junction 21 and within walking distance of the railway station. This is an elegant town house hotel set in a unique city centre position beside the leafy New Walk, renowned for its warmth and welcoming atmosphere. Built in the 1860s, it was part of the speculative development of New Walk. 130 years later the excellent proportions and graceful elegance of the buildings form an integral part of this lovely Victorian conservation area. New Walk was laid out in 1785 and runs along one of the most beautiful stretches of Leicester. The hotel has been owned by the Bowie family for over 70 years, following a tradition founded on the principals of great service, comfort and style – qualities that have been maintained and built upon by the current generation. There is a wide range of food and drink available. The choice provides these in a manner you will savour. Cherry’s restaurant offers a blend of contemporary style and traditional luxury and is an ideal setting for a wonderful meal, where good food goes hand in hand with exceptional service. Food is provided throughout the day, simply presented and beautifully cooked. This is an ideal place in which to while away the evening or grab a quick lunch during a hectic day. At the heart of the hotel beats Jamie’s Bar and Lounge; by day an ideal meeting place for light bites, coffee or a refreshing glass of wine; by night a relaxing rendezvous where guests gather to wind down after the day's events. There are numerous attractions throughout Leicestershire and the neighbouring counties. Choose from theatres, the Highcorss shopping mall and Fosse Park. Alternatively, there is premier league football (in Derby), rugby, cricket, horse racing, Donnington race track, the Great Central Railway and much more.
Showing Thursday 8 October 2015 to Friday 9 October 2015Change Search
- Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Secretary Service , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
92% would recommend it to a friend
Belmont - old fashioned care for customers
The Belmont does a very simple rather old fashioned and shocklingly rare thing, running a no frills no gimmicks small very comfortable hotel, remarkably well.
It's beautifully sited on New Walk, five minutes walk from the station, five from the city centre, warm and friendly. Work - writing a book on Richard III with Leicester University - has taken me frequently to Leicester in the last few years, and the Belmont is unquestionably the nicest place to stay. It has been quietly modernising and upgrading, and the dining room is now very much smarter than when I first stayed. Very good breakfast cooked to order. This room, 409, was a large ground floor twin, very comfortably furnished, excellent wifi signal, quiet at the back of the hotel albeit with a dismal view of the car park. It was rather stuffy because the bathroom window had been painted shut, and the bedroom one could only be opened a foot, and could have done with a lighter alternative to the duvet, but I still love the Belmont.
Very comfortable bed and pleasant homely room with some nice extras thrown in.
The bathroom was a bit dusty and there were broken floor tiles and the shower needed the grouting to be cleaned. Customer service was good and the breakfast was excellent. So very nice but a bit tatty around the edges.