- 7 guest reviews
"A large comfortable clean room, with a great view out over the lake. Furnishings all very worn - rings on tables, spots on the carpets and c..."
"Nice hotel good rooms and breakfast is very good. Great location however it's a bit short of atmosphere in the general areas so you tend to..."
"I booked this hotel for our wedding anniversary as a surprise for my husband. In particular the attraction of the guitar shape swimming pool..."
"Stayed in Cherwell Room. Comfortable, quiet room overlooking spring-fed lake with ducks and swans to watch. Private balcony outside French d..."
"I've stayed here on a number of occasions and never failed to be impressed by the quality of accommodation and service. The rooms have alway..."
About the hotel
Constructed in 1874 and set in 133 acres of parkland, The Springs is a fine example of a Victorian Tudor style country house. The elegant reception halls still retain all their period features such as oak panelling, beams and stone fireplaces where you will be welcomed with crackling log fires through the winter months. Nearly all the bedrooms have recently been refurbished in neutral colours with modern white bathroom suites and many have balconies and enjoy picturesque views across the lake and beautifully manicured grounds.
All rooms are non-smoking. The award winning AA Rosette Lakeside Restaurant serves excellent cuisine. Only the finest freshly sourced ingredients are used so the menu is updated daily. As the name suggests, the restaurant enjoys wonderful views across the lake through attractive floor to ceiling latticed windows. The hotel offers golf, weddings, conference and banqueting facilities. Also on site, there is a putting green, croquet lawn, coarse fishing on the River Thames, sauna and outdoor pool. The pool was installed by former owner rock star, Ian Gillan, from the band Deep Purple) and is often commented on by guests for its quirky design in the shape of a guitar. Located amidst the rural and peaceful setting of the Thames Valley countryside, historic market towns such as Wallingford, Henley, Abingdon and Dorchester are all close by. Other places of interest are Oxford, Windsor, the Cotswolds, Blenheim Palace and Basildon Park.
Showing Saturday 28 November 2015 to Sunday 29 November 2015Change Search
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Porter
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- Outdoor Pool , Golf 18 Hole , Sauna , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Pitch n' Putt , Bowls , Fishing
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
71% would recommend it to a friend
A very average "hotel" - with no electricity from 16.00 until way after bedtime.
tired accommodation in need of a make over
The setting of the hotel is lovely especially the lake and gardens.
However, inside the room was average. The bed really needs to be upgraded to king size and be better quality. IT was dated with wires running along skirtings. The bathroom had dust on the skirting and felt old and grotty.
The food was OK but nothing special. Would not recommend a stay here.