- 10 guest reviews
"It is a very good hotel and the service gives a personal touch on your stay..."
"Just delightful from beginning to end. Exactly what a country house hotel should be. Friendly but not over-familiar staff. Comfortable rooms..."
"Lovely old lodge and pleasant enthusiastic owners and staff. Working hard to bring it up to good standard. Our room was the small one and it..."
"Our only regret about our stay at Coul House is that we were there for just one night. The whole experience was perfect and we will be back..."
"What a wonderful hotel this is. My visit was purely business and on the evening of my stay i was the only guest due to the time of year and..."
About the hotel
Secluded in the hills above the village of Contin, just 25 minutes from Inverness, this family-run country house offers scenic surroundings, fine-dining and a deliciously relaxing atmosphere. Originally built in 1821, this remarkably unique building is infused with the traditional charms of its historic past. This inspired atmosphere is further complemented by 8 acres of mature woodland, tranquil gardens and unspoilt views over the mountains and beyond.
As befits a building of this age, each en-suite room is wonderfully individual and comes in a range of different shapes and sizes. Specialising in contemporary Scottish cuisine, the octagonal walled restaurant has garnered an impressive reputation for creating a unique dining experience. Wherever possible they endeavour to use fresh, locally sourced produce and ingredients. Nestled amidst the rugged splendour of the Northern Highlands of Scotland, it’s the perfect place from which to discover the romantic beauty of this beautiful area and its many attractions including Dunrobin Castle, Rogie Waterfalls, Cawdor Castle and the Glen Ord Whisky Distillery. Please note different policies and supplements apply for group bookings.
Showing Saturday 30 May 2015 to Sunday 31 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available, Children's Facilities - Outdoor, Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence, Doctor on call, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Public Air Conditioning
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV, Radio
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Concierge
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- Pitch n' Putt
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rates for Coul House Hotel in Ross-Shire are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Fine hotel with a personal touch
It is a very good hotel and the service gives a personal touch on your stay
Couldn't have been better
Just delightful from beginning to end.
Exactly what a country house hotel should be. Friendly but not over-familiar staff. Comfortable rooms (though in fairness adequate rather than generous in size). Log fires. Lounges. Lovely grounds. Great food.