- Very Good
- 191 guest reviews
"The hotel is very nice and the staff are very attentive and helpfull. The stay unfortunatly was very bad experiance nothing to do with the h..."
"Excellent hotel and breakfast was fabulous...."
"We enjoyed our stay at the Royal York Hotel. The food was lovely and the staff were very helpful at all times. We went for our 1st wedding a..."
"Staff were friendly and very helpful. We had a deluxe room which was extremely disappointing, it was small, cluttered and shabby. The paintw..."
"An enjoyable stay. Nice spa area..."
About the hotel
Nestling beneath the city walls, the Royal York Hotel is located adjacent to York Railway Station. The hotel is set in 3 acres of beautiful landscaped gardens and is just a 2 minute walk from the city centre and all its attractions. The hotel enjoys spectacular views of York Minster.
Relax in the leisure club which has an indoor swimming pool, sauna, spa and fully equipped gym. Enjoy stylish dining in the contemporary Tempus Restaurant or try the Tempus Bar for a coffee or even a cocktail. All the comfortable stylish bedrooms have a tea and coffee making facilities, trouser press, hair dryer, work space, en suite and high speed Internet access. Parking is available at the hotel, please note this is chargeable.
Showing Thursday 2 July 2015 to Friday 3 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Secretary Service, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Jacuzzi, Croquet
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View), Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 22/06/2015 to 05/11/2015 - There will be limited Leisure Club hours of 4pm-10pm 3rd-24th August. It will be closed completely on 2nd August. The Restauarant will be unavailable for Dinner from 22nd June until 17th September. The LateRooms.com rates for The Royal York Hotel & Events Centre in York are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
75% would recommend it to a friend
The hotel is very nice and the staff are very attentive and helpfull.
The stay unfortunatly was very bad experiance nothing to do with the hotel at all. My wife was taken very ill and was rushed into york general hospital by ambulance which the night staff at reception was great and sorted emergence services for us. Although returned on release from hospital 8 hours later. Arranged breakfast in room but had to check out so was not good and unfortunatly managed to get back to preston but had to take my wife back into preston hospital as another emergency and spent 4 days in and week off work so what turned out to be a treat was a total nightmare. maybe have better luck next time and make up for lost time. another thing what should mention is that when booked hotel on late rooms was as part of deal a superior room.with box of chocholates,bath robes and slippers but none was in room and although wasent there as in hospital mostly. If was ok would have liked them as be nice.
The Royal York Hotel & Events Centre
Excellent hotel and breakfast was fabulous.