- 9 guest reviews
"I had a very warm welcome and was dealt with in a friendly efficient manner. All staff were very helpful and gave great service and I felt n..."
"Hotel is standard standard fare really - basic accomodation at typical Southern England inflated prices. A complete lack of an Orange phone..."
"Staff were friendly and the hotel has a nice atmosphere. I was going to the Goodwood Revival and it was 40 to 50 minutes drive away. Only tw..."
"On arriving the receptionist wasn't very clear about the facilities , we had to ask her. Found our own way to our room which was very hot ,..."
"excellent as usual..."
About the hotel
A Rich Heritage of Hospitality . . .
Located in a peaceful Sussex village, Cisswood House Hotel offers all the delights of a rural retreat whilst being conveniently close to the market town of Horsham and Gatwick Airport. The House was originally built around 1928 for Sir Woodman Burbidge, then Chairman of the famous Harrods and named after his wife Cissily. The hotel and its scenic grounds provide plenty to interest and entertainment for visitors – for example, a stroll around our mature landscaped gardens, a work out in the leisure club or some relaxation time in our spa treatment rooms. Dining is a real highlight, with wonderful cuisine served in the Garden Restaurant.
Showing Wednesday 8 July 2015 to Thursday 9 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Solarium, Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Free), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rates for Cisswood House Hotel in Lower Beeding (nr Horsham) are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
44% would recommend it to a friend
Over-priced and very tired looking
I last stayed in this hotel about 25 years ago.
When I checked in it looked just about the same as last time. The public areas and corridors looked very tired and old, as did the furniture. Although it was claimed by my reception that my room had recently been redecorated the style was very uncoordinated and mediocre at best. I expected significantly better for £130 a night. The food in the restaurant was of relatively good quality but well over priced, as was the wine, which did not seem that good - I've had much better for less money (we tried two bottles in our group and neither impressed). The service at dinner wasn't good either - the wine bottles were just plonked on the table with no attempt to open the bottle and offer a tasting. Not 4 star standard at all. The management need to do a much better job at training the staff. The hotel does have a swimming pool which would have been a plus point for me had I known in advance, but the overall impression of the place was of poor maintenance. For example: my room looked out of a flat roof with ductwork that had insulation peeling off - it was in very bad condition. I would not choose to stay here again unless everywhere else was full.
Hotel is very tired and in desperate need of refurbishment
Very tired, expensive for what you get.
In my opinion a hotel is a treat, a little bit of luxury. This hotel offers neither. Our room was smelly, mismatched furniture (4 poster bed with a brown mdf wardrobe) all corridors are grubby, worn and had the radiators on full (on a sunny day in May) The plug broke in our bathroom which required a maintenance man, at 9.30pm. Really couldn't be bothered by that point. Do yourself a favour, there is a beautiful hotel, less than a mile from this one, and would have cost me an extra £70 for the night, I wish I'd paid the extra and gone there.