- 63 guest reviews
"Lovely old hotel but is in need of a little tlc. Our room had been modernised to a good standard. The only problem we had was that the body..."
"We stayed in what was described as a compact room. Very small might have been a better description. Whilst the room was modern and clean it..."
"Lovely hotel with beautiful decor. Standard room was a fair size, not exactly cramped. In a great location...."
"Our stay was enjoyable, staff were polite and customer service was generally good Although it would have been nice to have been informed whe..."
"We went with a small double room and it was a little larger than I anticipated. It was clean the views were great . I didn't use the shower..."
About the hotel
The spa town of Buxton is in the heart of the Peak District, one of Britain's most beautiful national parks. Famed for the healthy properties of its mineral water, the area offers stunning scenery with dramatic cliffs, waterfalls and caves. The hotel is renowned locally and nationally for its standards of customer service, cuisine and accommodation.
The beautiful Victorian architecture is matched by richly decorated rooms, and the hotel successfully combines traditional heritage with state-of-the-art facilities. It is the perfect base to visit the Peak District whatever the nature of your stay. All 122 bedrooms including 4 suites are very well furnished and equipped to the standard you would expect from a 4 star hotel. Most rooms have wonderful views over the town of Buxton and gardens. The hotel has excellent leisure facilities that include a 14-metre swimming pool. Perfect for relaxing or energising your stay. The Dovedale Restaurant offers excellent cuisine and fine wines in a relaxed and peaceful environment. Car parking available onsite £4. 50 Per 24 Hour(s).
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Babysitting services, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Concierge, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange, Pets Allowed, Doctor on call, Porter, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Solarium, [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 12 years old
- 08/09/2015 to 08/09/2020 - Important Information: The hotel will charge a £2 administration fee on all credit card transactions. Guest are required to show photo identification and valid credit card upon check-in. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
70% would recommend it to a friend
Cold and musty
I stayed here for leisure attracted by the Spa facilities,
I was astonished that the hotel did not put the heating on, I asked and was promised a heater but I only received this 24hours later when I asked again, one should not need to request heating in Autumn in a 4 star hotel, at £79 pppn it should be the hotel who take the initiative, even when I left the heating was still not on, there were insufficient heaters in the foyer so I imagine it will be not a nice place to sit, this was basic penny pinching by the hotel, I visited other Buxton hotels and they all had their heating on
The manager said she would check to see if it was a maintenance issue, this didnt ring true and it was all lip service, on one morning we qued for 25 minutes to get in the dining room for breakfast because there were not enough staff to clear the tables, neither enough staff in the treatment rooms so if you go to this hotel for Spa reasons, you may well be disappointed,
Its like they are cutting their nose off to spite their face, really this accommodation is 200% overpriced
Lovely old hotel but is in need of a little tlc.
Our room had been modernised to a good standard. The only problem we had was that the body shampoo in the shower was empty. Good breakfast but waitresses looked as if they didn't want to be there and lacked enthusiasm.