- Very Good
- 17 guest reviews
"Easy to summarise from a customer perspective. Hotel does fit into the 4 star category, all staff extremely efficient, it shows they have be..."
"Well located for the underground, with many cafe's restaurants and bars nearby. There is also a Waitrose and a Tesco very close to the hotel..."
"Very nice hotel, handy for the museums and South Kensington. Great cocktail lounge, superior singles have good beds but small bathrooms, fin..."
"As I said above, hotel was great. Staff could not do enough for you. Bar is great, and location of hotel is spot on. Underground is about 2..."
About the hotel
An imposing Georgian mansion in fashionable South Kensington, the four star Vanderbilt Hotel stays faithful to its past but espouses modern comfort in a classic London cityscape of porticos and leafy squares. Moments from London’s world-class museums, step into the frescoed lobby and take in a characterful ambience of open fireplaces, deep sofas for laid-back lounging and quietly stylish rooms. The 215 rooms have a warm classic English ambiance and feature rich decor and marble-clad bathrooms.
Larger deluxe rooms include upgraded amenities, such as extra work space and seating area. Access to bedroom floors is by room key only. Located in fashionable South Kensington, perfect for the great museums, Chelsea, Knightsbridge and Hyde Park, Scoff & Banter Kensington is set in the beautiful old Vanderbilt family mansion, offering British classics served straight up or with a twist. Enjoy a cocktail in the bar with its wooden, chequered flooring and eclectic mix of furniture, before heading into the light and airy restaurant with its unusual objects d'art and exposed, industrial features. The newly refurbished restaurant merges traditional and modern features.
Showing Sunday 29 November 2015 to Monday 30 November 2015Change Search
- Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Minibar in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View) , [Channels] Music , Radio
- Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Valet Parking
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 23/01/2013 to 31/01/2022 - Government-issued photo identification and a credit card pre-authorisation or cash deposit are required at check-in. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
65% would recommend it to a friend
Easy to summarise from a customer perspective.
Hotel does fit into the 4 star category, all staff extremely efficient, it shows they have been well trained in brand standards. It's a smooth operation and they go out of their way to "surprise and delight". Well worth a visit - you won't be disappointed.