- 26 guest reviews
"The room was pleasant and serviceable. The bath room was capacious and lovely. Because my room was on the road side of the hotel it was a bi..."
"Have stayed here three times previously, and always found the staff friendly and helpful...."
"A lovely hotel with excellent customer service, clean, lovely rooms and good food. Lovely breakfast room with views over the garden. Very cl..."
"The Hare and Hounds is a superb country hotel ideally placed for visitors to The Cotswolds. It is situated right next door to the World famo..."
"This hotel is very popular with wedding parties, and as such you may be restricted to certain areas of the hotel during such times. It is ad..."
About the hotel
Winner of The Cotswold Tourism Hotel of the Year Silver Award The Hare & Hounds Hotel at Westonbirt near Tetbury is the perfect choice for anyone seeking Cotswold accommodation in a traditional English country hotel. It is set in acres of well-tended gardens and woodland, adjacent to the renowned Westonbirt National Arboretum. Situated amidst the beautiful countryside of the Southern Cotswolds, the Hare and Hounds Hotel is a fine English country house hotel within easy reach of the region's numerous stately homes, gardens, bustling Cotswold market towns, pretty Cotswold villages and visitor attractions.
The Hare and Hounds Hotel is easily accessible from the M4, which is 10 miles away, and the M5, which is within 15 minutes drive. The World Heritage Site of Bath is 20 miles from the Hare and Hounds Hotel and London is 2 hours away by car. The accommodation at The Hare and Hounds Hotel consists of 42 bedrooms. All bedrooms are en suite and feature televisions, direct dial telephone, complimentary Wi-Fi internet access, tea/coffee making facilities and iron/ironing board. There is also ample free parking and croquet lawn. Golf, polo and excellent walks nearby Jack Hare's is a lively English country pub with a friendly atmosphere and welcoming log fires during the cooler seasons. It is popular with locals and guests alike and offers a great selection of food. The bar menu is available throughout the day and meals range from freshly prepared baguettes to more substantial dishes such as Gloucester Old Spot Pork Sausages, grilled salmon, roasted cod, steak and Cotswold Ploughman's. A selection of real ales and wines are available in Jack Hare's Bar. The Beaufort Restaurant, recently awarded 2 AA rosettes, is an elegant setting serving fine English and Continental-style cuisine cooked using local Cotswold ingredients wherever possible. Its original period architectural features include an impressive hammer-beamed ceiling, wooden floors and grand bay windows that overlook the beautiful country gardens.
Showing Saturday 29 August 2015 to Sunday 30 August 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV, Radio
- Hotel services
- Wake Up Call Available
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- Croquet, Tennis Courts
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 28/06/2013 to 30/06/2017 - Please be aware that the hotel frequently has events with music until 12.30am, please check with the hotel if this is of concern to you. Please be aware the restaurant has a smart/casual dress code. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Good accommodation; astonishing food
The room was pleasant and serviceable.
The bath room was capacious and lovely. Because my room was on the road side of the hotel it was a bit noisy in the morning during what passes for rush hour in this part of the country. There are many lovely places to sit, drink, read and relax. The garden is lovely and so big that there's little chance if you feeling that someone is encroaching on earshot, never one personal space. The bar menu is decent and reasonably priced. The restaurant is mor expensive but absolutely sublime. Worth travelling for.
Hare and Hounds Hotel
Have stayed here three times previously, and always found the staff friendly and helpful.