- Very Good
- 383 guest reviews
"This is our second stay at the Palace - last time we had a bigger, more modern room, but I prefer the one we had this time, with high ceilin..."
":Fabulous sense of history created by staying in a place which has retained so many original features. COmfortable king sized bed, amazing p..."
"Interesting building and rooms, great location if you are going to see a band or a show. The rooms could do with a bit of a spruce on close..."
"Lovely big room. Could be cold in winter..."
"The building is visually remarkable. Excellent location. Friendly service. Room comfortable but poorly laid out with sockets hidden behind b..."
About the hotel
Situated right in the heart of vibrant Manchester on Oxford St, sits the iconic four-star Palace Hotel with its distinctive clock tower soaring over the Manchester skyline. For business, you are at the very centre of the commercial and business district, opposite Oxford Rd train station and just a 10 minute walk from Piccadilly station both of which are served frequently from Manchester International Airport. The hotel has the North of England's largest event space our spectacular Grand Room which can comfortably cater for up to 1000 guests, we also have a fully equipped business centre and a further 18 Conference and Event rooms perfect for a meeting, private dinner or celebration.
For short break guests, you’re in an extremely convenient location to uncover everything that Manchester has to offer. The Palace Theatre is across the road, Harvey Nichols and the main shopping district is close-by as is the Opera House, Manchester Central, the MEN Arena for world-famous concerts and Bridgewater Hall, home to the amazing Halle Orchestra. For football fanatics, Manchester is home to United and City and both stadiums can be reached easily from The Palace Hotel. When there is so much to see and do, after a day exploring the city, our Tempus Bar and Restaurant is a haven to relax and unwind with its wide range of cocktails, coffees and mouth watering menu with food to suit your every mood. Parking is available at NCP Manchester Palace Car park’ on Whitworth Street a short walk from the hotel. The reduced rate for 24 hours/Overnight car parking is £15. This is payable locally at the Hotel.
Showing Monday 27 April 2015 to Tuesday 28 April 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence, Doctor on call, Porter, Lift to all floors
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Secretary Service, Translation Service, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Foreign (Other), Radio
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 06/12/2013 to 04/01/2014 - From the 18th December – 4th January. There is limited dining options in the Tempus Bar & Restaurant. The room service option is still available across the period just limited menu in the restaurant The LateRooms.com rates for The Palace Hotel in Manchester are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
75% would recommend it to a friend
Comfortable stay amongst architectural splendour
This is our second stay at the Palace - last time we had a bigger, more modern room, but I prefer the one we had this time, with high ceiling, original Victorian wall tiles and pillars, and high windows.
The bathroom was on the small size, but spotless, and I think the bed was a standard double, so smaller than we have at home, but very comfy. My only gripe with the room was that the hairdryer looked nearly as old as the hotel, and was decidedly grubby, so I didn't bother.
Breakfast was plentiful and delicious, with a wide range of food on offer and good coffee. Make sure to book it in advance or when you arrive, as it's cheaper than on the day.
Considering the Palace's location on busy Oxford Road, it was quiet at night, apart from the odd train rumbling past. The building is the real star - it's a spectacular monument to Victorian Manchester, with original features everywhere.