- Very Good
- 69 guest reviews
"Beds firm and very comfortable. Room quiet and well furnished. Extractor fan not working in shower room. Floor of shower very slippery. TV c..."
"We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this friendly, comfortable hotel. Our third visit. Room well eqipped and very comfortable bed. We went to..."
"A very successful 2-night break to RS Theatre. Short walk to theatre and town centre. Very fair charging for car park (£5 for whole stay - n..."
"Just spent a really enjoyable week end in the Swan's Nest in Stratford on Avon. Ideally positioned, this Hotel has a lot to offer, especiall..."
"Best thing about this hotel is the location! Within 5 minutes walking distance to the theatre and restaurants along Lamb Street. Rooms are a..."
About the hotel
The Swans Nest dates back to the late 17th century and overlooks the River Avon, it is one of the earliest brick houses built in the Stratford area. The Hotel was refurbished in 2008 and further enhanced by the opening of an independent restaurant "Le Bistrot Pierre", now an extremely popular dining venue. It is perfectly located for an afternoon boating trip, or a leisurely stroll along the banks of the Avon before heading to the theatre, just a five minute walk away.
Shakespeare's Birthplace and other attractions, are within walking distance. Further attractions nearby include the largest butterfly farm in the UK, Warwick Castle, Kenilworth Castle, Royal Leamington Spa and of course the centre of Stratford with its bustling restaurants, tea houses and boutique shopping. Free wifi is available in all public areas, meetings rooms and guest rooms.
Showing Sunday 26 April 2015 to Monday 27 April 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, Limited Hours Room Service, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- In room entertainment
- TV, Radio
- In room facilities
- Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Family friendly
- Pets Allowed
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 10/10/2011 to 22/10/2015 - The card used to book this prepaid rate must be presented to reception on arrival at the hotel. Please note that failure to do so will result in an alternative payment method being required. The LateRooms.com rates for Macdonald The Swan's Nest Hotel in Stratford upon Avon are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
78% would recommend it to a friend
Very poor quality. Hotel is very tired. Not terribly clean
This hotel is quite tired, not terribly clean and certainly not value for money.
We were given an upgraded room, but the room actually looks over a roof and is overlooked by other rooms. We arrived at about 5:00pm and on our way to our room we passed a substantial amount of uncleared plates of food which were clearly the remains of a lunch time buffet, all left in a narrow corridor space. I took a photo of this which I will email to Lateroom.com. Clearly this hotel is poorly managed. The only reason why I believe the hotel is popular is because of its location, being close to the river and the theatre.
Value for money
Over priced for quality of room