- Very Good
- 19 guest reviews
"We were allocated a room with a disabled bathroom that was very clinical, more like a hospital bathroom. Whilst the dinner was good the brea..."
"We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Abbey, it is beautiful and right in the heart of the town which was a pleasant surprise. Ample parking..."
"Lovely and quiet. Great nights sleep. Places to eat nearby. Car parking. Pleasant breakfast. Lovely...."
"We had the most relaxing break, everything from the room to the food to the staff who were so attentive and helpful everything was first cla..."
"This was our second visit to the Abbey and pleased to say the standards were as good as the first (two years ago). The Location is ideal and..."
About the hotel
The Abbey is an AA 4 Star hotel located in the beautiful setting of Great Malvern. With landscaped gardens and spectacular views over the Vale of Evesham, the hotel is a tranquil haven in which to retreat and relax. The hotel is close to many interesting cities; it is located just half an hour outside of Worcester, 45 minutes outside of Hereford and 45 minutes outside of Gloucester and Cheltenham, whilst being close to major road links and motorways (M5 and M50) means guests can explore further afield should they choose to, even taking the train from Great Malvern train station, which is a 5 minute drive away from the hotel.
The Abbey has been welcoming guests since the mid-1800s, and it is steeped in history, once being part of the adjoining Benedictine Priory and having been commandeered by the Ministry of Information during World War II. Today, the hotel is committed to offering a warm welcome and excellent service, boasting all the modern facilities and comfort expected by business and leisure travellers. All the rooms at The Abbey are individually decorated, with free WiFi, Essential Elements Bathe Gilchrist & Soames toiletries, seating areas and work desks, tea and coffee making facilities and TVs with satellite channels.
The Abbey’s signature Priory Restaurant serves fresh, seasonal British and Mediterranean cuisine for dinner every day, open 6pm-9:30pm, and guests can choose to dine from a three course menu or the A La Carte. Guests can also eat in the Priory View Lounge Bar, open from 10am-10:30pm daily, it’s a cosy spot for a late breakfast, lunch or simply just a pint of real ale from local brewery Wye Valley. Afternoon Tea is also available, served between 12pm-6pm.
The Abbey is an ideal base for visiting the historic spa town of Great Malvern, as well as exploring Worcestershire, Gloucestershire and Herefordshire. The Malvern Hills are a designated area of outstanding natural beauty, with magnificent hiking trails for any ability – ask at reception for maps. Popular attractions within a 30 minute drive of The Abbey include Eastnor Castle, Croome Park, the Three Choirs Vineyard and Weston Cider Mill.
With free parking on site, the option to bring your furry family friend (£10 charge per night for dogs and small caged animals in certain rooms) as well as your actual family, there are not many reasons not to visit The Abbey!
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Doctor on call , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Music , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 24/12/2016 to 01/01/2017 - The Restaurant will not be open for Lunch / Dinner service on 24th, 25th, 26th, 30th, 31st December 2016 and 1st January 2017. The Lounge menu will be available for all day dining service only, The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
89% would recommend it to a friend
We were allocated a room with a disabled bathroom that was very clinical, more like a hospital bathroom.
Whilst the dinner was good the breakfast was very disappointing - a 4* hotel should be providing a freshly-cooked breakfast, not a lukewarm buffet normally associated with budget hotels.
Excellent mini break!
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Abbey, it is beautiful and right in the heart of the town which was a pleasant surprise.
Ample parking. We ate out the first night and at the hotel the second and food was lovely. Service was exemplary and actually this made the stay even more special. Nothing is too much trouble. We said we fancied a chocolate mint at the end of the evening whilst drinking our coffee in the bar lounge and the staff went out their way to fetch us some.....its the small things that make a big difference. thank you.