- Very Good
- 50 guest reviews
"Very friendly clear hotel next time will use the spa...."
"After booking with laterooms and agreeing a price for 1 night. I didn't receive a confirmation email so i called the hotel the night before..."
"We recently stayed for one night here. We booked a double room with breakfast and also took advantage of the spa facilities and also booked..."
"Staff were very welcoming upon arrival and throughout the stay. Felt quite homely and not like other big hotels where you are just a room nu..."
"We found the experience most satisfactory. The rooms were clean if a little old fashioned. Reception kindly provided a small jug of milk for..."
About the hotel
The Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel and Spa, with its beautiful gardens, is just a short walk from the centre of Stratford and the Royal Shakespeare Theatre. Many public areas of the hotel are located in the Manor House, parts of which date back to the 16th century. The attraction of the Alveston Manor hotel is enhanced by its extensive Tudor panelling, leaded lights and Elizabethan staircase.
It also boasts a vaulted cellar, which leads to a mysterious underground passage once used by monks from Worcester. Bedrooms are located in a modern wing, which adjoins the Manor House and offer all the modern comforts such as Air Cooling, flat screen televisions with freeview channels Should you wish to upgrade your accommodation, there is also a selection of feature rooms and suites in the old part of the Hotel many of which offer old beamed ceilings and Half Tester or Four Poster Beds. Free wifi is available in all public areas, meetings rooms and guest rooms. The AA Rosette award-winning Manor Restaurant pays homage to dishes with a modern French influence, and is the perfect way to end a day of sightseeing or business. Many theatre loving guests like to enjoy a starter and main course before departing for the theatre, later returning to the hotel for a dessert. Enjoy our superb leisure facilities at Vital Health & Wellbeing. In addition to an 18 metre swimming pool, there is also a well equipped Techno Gym, Sauna and Steam Room. Should you prefer to pamper yourself there is also a range of treatments available at Vital Beauty (charges for treatments are applicable)
Showing Thursday 7 May 2015 to Friday 8 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Minibar in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Secretary Service, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Solarium, Mountain Bike Hire
- In room entertainment
- TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 02/05/2011 to 29/05/2015 - The card used to book this prepaid rate must be presented to reception on arrival at the hotel. Please note that failure to do so will result in an alternative payment method being required. The LateRooms.com rates for Macdonald Alveston Manor in Stratford upon Avon are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
80% would recommend it to a friend
Macdonald Alveston Manor
Very friendly clear hotel next time will use the spa.
disappointing and embarrassing
After booking with laterooms and agreeing a price for 1 night.
I didn't receive a confirmation email so i called the hotel the night before we arrived to confirm reservation which they did. when we arrived the receptionist said we had booked for a different date altogether. when we explained that we called the hotel prior to arriving as we didn't receive a confirmation email, she didn't seem interested in helping out, i think she was Eastern European and maybe there was a language problem going on with us. I asked to see the manager or someone in charge but was declined promptly. And was told if we were to stay the night then we would have to pay about £180 for one night instead of the agreed amount which was a lot less.I looked on the internet via my phone and showed the receptionist the lower advertised price but she told us that there was nothing she could do. As there were other people in the reception area, it was becoming quite embarrassing for my wife and I so I just paid the amount required as we were otherwise stuck for somewhere to stay. I asked for the manager to contact me during the stay to try and rectify the problem but I heard nothing whatsoever until we had left the day after when the manager did call me back. I was driving at the time, my wife answered the phone and asked him to call back in a short while, but to date I have heard nothing from him or anyone else associated with the hotel. A bit of a shame really as the hotel in general was quite lovely, the food was great, the situation was spot on, just left with a bad taste in our mouths on what should have been a simple issue to sort out.