- Very Good
- 89 guest reviews
"Because this hotel is ideally situated for a weekend break in Manchester, with the centre being a walking distance and the popular eating an..."
"The refurbishment of both the Foyer/Bar/Restaurant areas and the room itself was to a very good standard. We were a bit worried when we saw..."
"Nice hotel in a nice location. Easy to find and get parked. Room very clean and comfortable. Only complaint would be that the prices got hik..."
"Hotel was spotless food fantastic and so where staff could not fault..."
"Good location close to Deansgate with a decent gym an pool. Clean and tidy but breakfast was disappointing..."
About the hotel
The Castlefield Hotel looks over the Bridgewater canal and Castlefield Arena. We are opposite the Museum of Science and Industry and just a short walk from Deansgate Rail Station. The Castlefield Hotel offers all guests free Wi-Fi, fully equipped gym, indoor swimming pool, sauna and steam room.
Car parking is 10. 00GBP per day, subject to availability. There may be a wait when trying to park at peak times. The Castlefield Hotel is 600 metres from Manchester Central exhibition centre. It has easy access to the tram and there is a free shuttle bus from the museum to the city centre. All Rooms are non smoking, en-suite with flat screen televisions and tea and coffee making facilities. Guests are asked to check in after 16. 00GMT and vacate their rooms by 11. 00GMT. The Lounge has views over the canal basin and offers good-value food and drink, with a 10% food discount for Hotel guests.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Aerobics Studio , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Badminton , Table Tennis
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Doctor on call , Lift to all floors
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 16:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
79% would recommend it to a friend
Value for money
Castlefield is not a smart slick boutique hotel, but it does represent decent value for money.
The decor is dated and the rooms quite basic. But, I paid £55 per night for a spacious, bright, and reasonably comfortable room with a double bed, which is way less than others in the city centre. The added bonus for me was use of the gym and pool. Staff were efficient if a little abrupt , except David who was very friendly, and while I didn't use it - the restaurant and bar looked busy and the patrons happy.
Because this hotel is ideally situated for a weekend break in Manchester, with the centre being a walking distance and the popular eating and drinking area of Castlefield, a mere 5 minutes,it is popular with Hen groups and therefore was quite noisy on Saturday night.
I suspect it would be much quieter midweek.