- Very Good
- 48 guest reviews
"We stayed as we attended a wedding there! On arrival the staff were friendly and accommodating. The reception room and grounds were excellen..."
"An exceptional weekend. the service was excellent. the room was excellent. cant fault the place. you get the service you pay for. a hotel to..."
"I was delivering training in the area with a colleague and need a short notice place to stay. I tried to book direct using a corporate rate..."
"Great reception service with a small hiccup around whether breakfast was included in the booking ( it was a pre paid advance room booking )..."
"I really enjoyed my stay at Thornton Hall. I have stayed in many hotels that come with a "Spa" and have often been disappointed. The Spa at..."
About the hotel
Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa is one of the regions' largest Spa Resorts, Yet each of our 62 bedrooms and suites have the atmosphere of an intimate hotel. FREE high speed fibre optic internet throughout the hotel including all bedrooms, Smart TV's offering a huge selection of channels plus interactive services as well as Sky Sports 1, 2 & 3. Our award winning Spa offers state of the art fitness equipment, 20 metre swimming pool, sauna, jacuzzi, steam room & two outdoor Hydro Spa Pools.
We also boast 10 spa treatment rooms in our holistic & clinical Spas offering anything from a relaxing massage to IPL plus Mud Rasul experience. Our leisure facilities are available to hotel guests whilst resisdent including pool, outdoor areas, snow cave, sauna, steam room, experience shower. The Hair Spa is open 7 days a week along with the Nail Bar and makeup studio. We have various dining options including award winning 3 AA Rosette Lawns Restaurant, The Brasserie and Lounge plus room service options are also available. Awards include "Best UK Beauty Spa" in World Spa Awards 2013 & 2014, nominated again in 2015 "Best Spa Award Winner" 2012 Liverpool Lifestyle Awards - HQ Hotel Open Golf Championship 2014 & Ricoh Womens Open 2012 - Free "Super Fast Fibre Optic WiFi" throughout hotel - Free car parking - Just 20 mins from Liverpool & Chester - 20 Mins from Royal Liverpool Golf Club - 15 mins from Wallasey Golf Club. Liverpool One shopping district, Cheshire Oaks and Blue Planet Aquarium are a 15-minute drive from Thornton Hall. Chester Zoo, Liverpool and Everton Football Clubs, and Deeside are all 20 minutes' drive away.
Showing Saturday 30 May 2015 to Sunday 31 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Aerobics Studio, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 15/05/2014 to 31/12/2024 - Please note, only children over the age of 6 have use of the swimming pool and from 10am-12 noon & 2pm-4.45pm. Children must be accompanied by an adult in the pool. See our website for further details The LateRooms.com rates for Thornton Hall Hotel and Spa in Wirral are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
79% would recommend it to a friend
We stayed as we attended a wedding there.
On arrival the staff were friendly and accommodating. The reception room and grounds were excellent, a lovely location for a wedding. The wedding reception was excellent (we had Lamb). Our room was as we would expect, clean and to a good standard. We enjoyed use if the facilities the following morning.
Paid for Superior Double, wife having cancer treatment next day.
Room should have had slippers and robes, water, fresh fruit. Reception doubted our word until my wife showed the receptionist where to look on the site, she levelled blame at Laterooms, didn't apologise. We then had 3 deliveries to the room..crazy still no interest or concern ie ownership shown. When checking out same person sked if we had had a nice stay...not for £300 including dinner. now then another issue, I agree it may have been their rules but....we looked at the menus, the bar menu had so soup available to start and rib eye steak. Advised that neither of these could be served in the main restaurant 'Lawns' as it was for fine Dining. So asked if we could have the soup as starter and the main course from the 'Lawns menu' in the Lawns restaurant,. The manager said no it was policy that they could not serve the lounge or bar menu in the main restaurant. so we elected to have the starter in the bar area and then move into the restaurant for the main course. This was now a problem, the manager wasn't happy with this so reluctantly offered to serve us in the restaurant. The restaurant was empty for most of the evening, max 3 couples. The manager/waiter once settled to the situation was polite,
Overall impression poor service, low level of customer service, no empathy, no apologies. Well below national standard.