- Very Good
- 16 guest reviews
"It is a building full of character and history, set in very pretty gardens. The staff were all charming and went out of their way to help. T..."
"Steeped in atmosphere set in beautiful surroundings, this hotel is an oasis of calm and historical charm. Staff were very welcoming and very..."
"From booking in to leaving, we had a very enjoyable stay. It was very busy in the bar when we arrived (1.30pm)due to a wedding. However this..."
"Very good but only in parts. Staff are excellent, refurbished room was good but dining room needs attention. Afternoon tea seemed to have be..."
"We stayed at Holdsworth for a wedding and it was an idylic location. Only problem with staying in the hotel when there is a wedding on, is t..."
About the hotel
Holdsworth House Hotel is a beautiful Jacobean manor surrounded by secluded mature gardens in the heart of West Yorkshire. The hotel feels a world away from the bustle of every day life, yet is ideally situated only 2 miles north of Halifax, within easy reach of Leeds, Manchester and Bradford just 15 minutes from the M62. The hotel, which was built in 1633 retains all its period features.
Standing in a typical West Yorkshire landscape of moors and mills, the hotel is surrounded by beautiful gardens and hidden terraces making the hotel a perfect place to escape from the pressures of modern life or wind down after a busy day. All 38 of Holdsworth's rooms have been equipped with every up to date amenity for comfort and convenience, they are furnished to a high standard with a character and charm of their own. Rooms with four-poster or half tester beds, and 4 split-level suites are available with a sitting room and bathroom on the ground floor and a pretty galleried bedroom above. Holdsworth House enjoys an enviable reputation for its beautiful panelled restaurant overlooking the gardens, serving outstanding AA Rosette recommended food in a modern English style. The hotel is the ideal base from which to explore the Pennines and the Dales, with Bronte country on the doorstep. A wealth of shops, restaurants and night life can be found in Halifax which plays host to the Eureka children's museum and the Piece Hall, one of Europe's most outstanding 18th Century buildings.
Showing Tuesday 2 June 2015 to Wednesday 3 June 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Beauty Salon/Manicure
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rates for Holdsworth House Hotel & Restaurant in Halifax are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
94% would recommend it to a friend
Quality in every aspect
It is a building full of character and history, set in very pretty gardens.
The staff were all charming and went out of their way to help. The breakfast was absolutely delicious. We enjoyed all aspects of our stay and hope to go back again.
gem of a hotel
Steeped in atmosphere set in beautiful surroundings, this hotel is an oasis of calm and historical charm.
Staff were very welcoming and very responsive to any requests. The mezzanine level of the suite added a touch of luxury to our stay. Good quality food although a little pricey. Looking forward to another stay and trying the afternoon tea.