- Very Good
- 4 guest reviews
"We could not find a fault with the place. From the friendly check in, the knowledgable staff and the helpful staff when our daughter was ill..."
"Spacious room with double aspect. Good service throughout the stay. Very "country house" style but still with all mod cons. Bathroom a tiny..."
"Only one thing that was a disappointment and that was the shower was very good..."
"As I had booked a superior double room I would have liked to have had a double bed instead of 2 single beds put together and also on arrival..."
About the hotel
Originally built in 1823 as a private residence, the Rothay Manor Hotel & Restaurant sits in the midst of attractive landscaped gardens just a 15 minute walk from the head of Windermere and 10 minutes from the centre of Ambleside. Rothay Manor has been listed in the Good Hotel Guide since the first edition and has held their prestigious Cesar Award continuously since 1992, in recognition of the maintenance of exceptional standards.
The hotel offers 16 spacious bedrooms, all individually designed and decorated.
Additionally, guests are invited to stay in one of three luxury suites, two of which are separate from the main hotel building. The lounges are bright and airy with comfy sofas and chairs - the perfect place to relax and enjoy a drink or afternoon tea. Rooms are furnished with modern amenities – flat screen televisions, DVDs, i-pod docks and free Wi-Fi.
Family accommodation is available within our Classic Rooms, Superior Rooms and Suites. Cots, high chairs and baby-listening are available free of charge.
Accessible accommodation is available in either our Classic Ground Floor Bedroom or Loughrigg Suite.
The restaurant has a long standing reputation for excellent food. Varied menus are used for the Lunches and Dinners that are served every day when freshly prepared meals are made to order.
Rothay Manor offers great service and is the perfect place to relax in a friendly informal atmosphere.
Showing Wednesday 10 February 2016 to Thursday 11 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Video/DVD Library , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Foreign (European) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- Croquet , Fishing
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
We could not find a fault with the place.
From the friendly check in, the knowledgable staff and the helpful staff when our daughter was ill late one night, they could not do enough.
Very comfortable and good value
Spacious room with double aspect.
Good service throughout the stay. Very "country house" style but still with all mod cons. Bathroom a tiny bit dated but didn't detract from the stay.