- Very Good
- 210 guest reviews
"Room 56 is up a lift, along monotonous corridors, down a flight of stairs. View is of walls and a back lane. Decent (temporary) bar on fifth..."
"Great location in the heart of Edinburgh, parking is difficult but if you time it right local on street parking is close and allows for free..."
"This was our 3rd stay at the George, the worst so far. our stay was ruined by 25 screaming children on the floor above us slamming doors and..."
"Lovely hotel ,great location for shopping and eating/drinking .small room but well decorated and very clean.very noisey in the street at wee..."
"A most enjoyable stay in excellent accommodation. Could not be criitcal of anything!..."
About the hotel
Award-winning luxury hotel and conference venue in the heart of historic Edinburgh When it comes to hotels in Edinburgh, very few can compete with the style and sophistication of The George. None can compete according to the Scottish Hotel Awards 2011, which awarded The George the title of Best Hotel in Edinburgh. The George belongs to the luxurious of Edinburgh’s hotels, from its fabulous 249 rooms and ample facilities to its ideal location in the centre of the city which is designated as a ‘World Heritage site”.
The hotel is within easy reach of rail and air links and it is close to the city’s business district, plus a plethora of local attractions including the famous Castle, Princess Street Gardens and Holyrood Palace. A little further a field is Edinburgh Zoo and Leith Port which is now home to the Royal Yacht Britannia The George is a fantastic place to stay whether you are on a work trip or a fabulous city break. It is regularly sought out for conferences and boasts nine conference and event suites, including the roof top Panorama meeting room with breathtaking views across Edinburgh. A new star is coming to George Street… we’re cooking up something fresh and exciting at our bar & restaurant and will reopen in November 2015. In the meantime you can enjoy: A full Scottish breakfast served in the stunning Kings Hall. Full room service menu 24/7 Drinks with a view at our resident bar in the Panorama serving a wide range of drinks with stunning vista views of Edinburgh both indoors and out. Looking to dine in the evening? Take advantage of a 25% discount on your dinner bill at The George Street Bar & Grill at our sister hotel: The Roxburghe Easily accessible by road, rail and air, the George Hotel is just a few minutes walk from Waverley Station and is just a short journey from Edinburgh International Airport. Car parking is available close to the hotel at the NCP or there is on street metered parking between 08. 30 and 18. 00. We also now have a tram line serving the city and our nearest stop is St. Andrews Square, which is 300 metres from the hotel.
Showing Thursday 30 July 2015 to Friday 31 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Business Centre, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
87% would recommend it to a friend
Fairly ordinary, really.
Room 56 is up a lift, along monotonous corridors, down a flight of stairs.
View is of walls and a back lane. Decent (temporary) bar on fifth floor with views to the north over city. Good central location.
Really nice location
Great location in the heart of Edinburgh, parking is difficult but if you time it right local on street parking is close and allows for free overnight stays (1800-0830).
I took the accommodation "upgrade" to a room with a "sea view", that was more than a little disappointing, you have a long long long distance view of the forth estuary which is ok but definitely not what Its billed to be and definitely not worth the high extra cost of a nights stay. Nice people, great staff and very clean. Over all really good stay and would definitely do it again and recommend the hotel but don't waste your money on the upgrade.