- Very Good
- 10 guest reviews
"Booked as a one night stay for my retirement party in Edinburgh. Staff very friendly and helpful. Room - bedroom/sitting area large and clea..."
"Fabulous hotel central to shops, bars, restaurants. Bus stop right outside the door. Across the road from the hotel is the dome. Hotel has r..."
"Arrived at 3 pm, room was ready and very tidy, if not a little smaller than anticipated. First nights sleep was disrupted by the noisy airco..."
"Had a top class visit to the George, nothing critical to say at all. wonderful time..."
"We reserved a junior suite which we found to be over the bar and overlooking George Street. The notice from to Street kept us awake most of..."
About the hotel
Award-winning luxury hotel and conference venue in the heart of historic Edinburgh When it comes to hotels in Edinburgh, very few can compete with the style and sophistication of The George. None can compete according to the Scottish Hotel Awards 2011, which awarded The George the title of Best Hotel in Edinburgh. At The George Hotel, interior architects Goddard Littlefield have created a sense of restored grandeur by means of sympathetic restoration, simple detailing and the use of rich materials.
The Printing Press has quickly become a destination restaurant in Edinburgh. The brand new Printing Press Bar & Kitchen opened on 22nd October serving seasonal, Scottish produce throughout the day and night. Open seven days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner, with a late-night bar until 1am, The Printing Press will become a welcome addition to Edinburgh’s vibrant restaurant scene. Whether you’re a latte, an espresso or a cappuccino type, join us at Burr & Co for a great cup of coffee. Serving our very own George Street blend using award-winning Caravan Coffee along with delicious cakes pastries, sandwiches and salads we’re open 7-7, 7 days a week – eat in or take away The hotel is within easy reach of rail and air links and it is close to the city’s business district, plus a plethora of local attractions including the famous Castle, Princess Street Gardens and Holyrood Palace. A little further a field is Edinburgh Zoo and Leith Port which is now home to the Royal Yacht Britannia The George is a fantastic place to stay whether you are on a work trip or a fabulous city break. It is regularly sought out for conferences and boasts nine conference and event suites, including the roof top Panorama meeting room with breath-taking views across Edinburgh. Easily accessible by road, rail and air, the George Hotel is just a few minute’s walk from Waverley Station and is just a short journey from Edinburgh International Airport. Car parking is available close to the hotel at the NCP or there is on street metered parking between 08. 30 and 18. 00. We also now have a tram line serving the city and our nearest stop is St. Andrews Square, which is 300 metres from the hotel
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
80% would recommend it to a friend
Retirement party weekend.
Booked as a one night stay for my retirement party in Edinburgh.
Staff very friendly and helpful. Room - bedroom/sitting area large and clean, however bathroom small. Breakfast (Saturday) very busy but service quick. Food - plenty of choice and hot.
The George Hotel
Fabulous hotel central to shops, bars, restaurants.
Bus stop right outside the door. Across the road from the hotel is the dome. Hotel has recently been refurbished to a high standard. Breakfast was a help your self, lots to choose from. Hotel rooms did have a smell of paint. Excellent stay. Friendly and helpful staff.