This hotel doesn't have any reviews yet.
About the hotel
The newly refurbished Royal Hotel Ross on Wye sits in the heart of the historic Herefordshire Town of Ross on Wye with views over the Wye valley with easy access via the A40. The Royal Hotel stands high above the horseshoe bend of the River Wye, commanding some of the best views of the surrounding countryside. This majestic grade II Georgian country hotel was built in 1833 on the original foundations of The Bishop's Palace, dating back to the 13th century.
By 1851 it had become the staging-post for 16 of the 22 coach services which passed through the town. Thanks to its superior location and facilities, the Royal Hotel had become the town's principal inn, and one of its devotees was Charles Dickens, who frequently used it while visiting his business manager George Dolby, a resident of Ross on Wye, and planned his Celebrated American Book Reading Tour whilst staying here. Ross on Wye is famous for its Market Square, farmer's market and antique shops, and is one of the most popular tourist spots in the region.
Showing Friday 22 May 2015 to Saturday 23 May 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 25/08/2009 to 31/12/2011 - Please note that The Barretts Restaurant is sometimes used for private functions so please enquire about availability. The LateRooms.com rates for The Royal in ROSS-ON-WYE are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
No reviews yet