- 95 guest reviews
"Lovely place! A little bit out of the way, but the hotel has everything you need. Nice quiet roads around for any runners or travelling with..."
"Our room was poky and required tetris-style furniture rearrangement to get the cot in (revealing a grim unclean carpet beneath the bed with..."
"The bedroom was very poor, it was tiny and the TV looked like something out of the 80s. The bathroom was very shabby and stains all over the..."
"Comfortable, warm and enjoyable two night stay. Excellent breakfast selection, both hot and cold foods. Lovely countryside location but very..."
"Nice room in a rather large Hotel in lovely countryside. Nice small leisure facility inclusive of gym and pool...."
About the hotel
Horwood House, set in 38 acres of stunning grounds, is a country house with modern facilities. Located just 15 minutes from central Milton Keynes and Milton Keynes Station, less than one hour’s commute from Central London to Horwood House itself and just 15 minutes’ drive from the M1 and M40 motorway networks and less than an hour drive from Luton Airport.
Horwood House is ideal for business travellers wanting to re-charge after a busy day and great value for couples and families visiting the local area.
Horwood House is a great base to explore the local attractions or visit local events, including Silverstone Race Circuit and its many events, Woburn Abbey, Milton Keynes Xscape and Milton Keynes Shopping Centre.
Enjoy the complimentary leisure facilities including indoor swimming pool, gym and sauna, all-weather tennis court and jogging track (please note the leisure club is open to over 18’s only, however, Splash Sessions are available during July and August). A full restaurant and bar menu is available Monday to Sunday. Room service is not available.
Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel and public parking is possible. All rooms feature safety deposit box, tea/coffee making facilities, hairdryer, iron and board and telephone In each room.
Showing Sunday 1 May 2016 to Monday 2 May 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms , Public Air Conditioning
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Sauna , Tennis Courts , Snooker/Billiards
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , Radio
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Family friendly
- Interconnecting rooms available
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
57% would recommend it to a friend
A little bit out of the way, but the hotel has everything you need. Nice quiet roads around for any runners or travelling with a bike (I was!)
If using this as a base for Milton Keynes, satnav will say around 20 minutes. It's a very busy road - add 15 mins at rush hour/commute times.
Great pool and grounds, but the insides left some room for improvement.
Our room was poky and required tetris-style furniture rearrangement to get the cot in (revealing a grim unclean carpet beneath the bed with leftover mints).
The evening food was quite weak - not as advertised ("roast tomato" soup was clearly a blended tin of tomatoes microwaved) and not as nice as the price would have you believe (the veggie burger was from a packet) and the service to the bar was sluggish. The breakfast was truly very good. All help-your-self, with some really nice additions including shots of juiced veg, fruit/nut sprinkles on the range of yoghurt, proper hash browns, and a range of breads. Coffee was sadly disgusting, as was the tea bag - a real disappointment. The pool and sauna was enjoyable and made the stay worthwhile with our baby. The grounds are worth exploring for the hidden nature trail below the walled garden.