- Very Good
- 84 guest reviews
"Good hotel for money and nice staff...."
"Good priced good clean hotel..."
"Maybe not quite as modern and fresh as some other chain budget hotels but otherwise really great value, there was a fan in the room which wa..."
"Our only issue with the hotel was that despite being on a high floor, we still had a fair bit of traffic noise at night. However, this didn'..."
"Nice hotel in a good location, polite staff and excellent service (within 5 minutes of asking for extra biscuits, tea and milk, they were a..."
About the hotel
The Sheffield Metropolitan Hotel is ideally located in the Quay-Side district, just 5 minutes' walk from Sheffield Train Station and the city centre. The Peak District National Park is only 20 minutes' drive and we are also just a short walk away from top attractions such as the award-winning Millennium Gallery, the Winter Gardens, Kelham Island Industrial Museum, Sheffield City Hall and Ponds Forge. And if you are planning on visiting the Sheffield Motorpoint Arena, a quick tram or taxi ride will take you there.
The Sheffield Metropolitan is the perfect base for business or leisure guests eager to explore Sheffield. Offering 111 comfortable guest rooms equipped with complimentary WI-FI, complimentary toiletries, cable TV, and room service. Guests can enjoy a delicious Brasserie-style and Specials menu in our Picasso restaurant (Monday to Thursday) as well as fresh homemade Paninis, served in the bar area (Friday to Sunday). A hearty buffet breakfast is available as well as an express breakfast for guests who are pressed with time.
In just 20 minutes from the hotel, you can be in the most beautiful National Park in the UK - The Peak District. Walking, cycling, sightseeing, drinking coffee and eating cake are all popular pastimes here and no trip to 'The Peaks' would be complete without a trip to Chatsworth House! Please ask our reception's team for discounted entry tickets to Chatsworth House & Gardens.
And for the keen cyclists, why not experience the Stage 2 of the Tour de France which finished very close to our hotel. We will be happy to store your bike at the hotel and provide you with maps and a list of the best cafes along the way! Car Parking is also available at the hotel as well as just 150 metres away in the Castlegate Q Park. (fees apply for both)
- Disabled Facilities , 24 Hour Reception , Cots available , Smoking allowed in bedrooms , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available , Interconnecting rooms available , Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 16/07/2014 to 31/12/2020 - Please note: The Restaurant does not serve food Friday to Sunday from 12:00. Freshly made Paninis are available throughout this time. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
79% would recommend it to a friend
The Sheffield Metropolitan Hotel
Good hotel for money and nice staff.
Good quality good price
Good priced good clean hotel